Chapter Fifteen

It was Monday. I still hadn't heard from Journey. I've called her. I've texted her. I've even stopped by her house a few times, but she was never home. I even went as far as to reach out to Gaia and Ivy, and see if they've heard from her.

They would only give me bullshit answers, though. They would always just tell me that she was fine, but nothing else. It was getting annoying. But one thing for sure was that Journey would be at school today. At least, I hoped she would.

I got to class a little earlier. Journey and I shared the same first period, so I decided to be an early bird just to see her walk in. "Speaking of the devil," Beatrice muttered when I walked in.

I hissed at the girl, and she cowered like a chicken. Fucking bitch. Just because I fucked her mother, and caused her parents to get a divorce; it didn't give her a right to hate me.

Okay, maybe it did.

I pulled out my sketchpad once I got in my usual seat. My latest work was a doodle of Journey's car. The thing was a beauty. It didn't look as good as my car, but it was something. When I began drawing, I started going into my own world.

Everything around me went blank. All I could hear was the sound of my pencil writing on the sheet of the paper. That's why I was startled when I received a whack to the back of my neck.

"Ow," I yelped as I grabbed my neck. I looked to my side to see a frustrated Journey. She had her arms crossed, eyes narrowed, with a pissed expression on her face. It was kind of hot.

"I know you're probably mad at me, but that doesn't mean you have to ignore me," she said.

"What?"

"I've been calling your name for the past five minutes, Cam!"

"Well, I've been calling your phone, and texting you for fucking days without an answer," I pointed out.

"Look, I'm sorry; but that night you were being so fucking rude not only to me but to Wolf."

"Wolf doesn't deserve my respect. The guy not only fucking punctured my gotdamn thigh with a knife, but he also-"

"I forgave him. Maybe you should too. Cam, he's a bit misunderstood. With you being his friend for years, I would think you could understand where he is coming from."

I really didn't feel like arguing with Journey. I hadn't heard from the girl in days, and the last thing I wanted to do was argue. If Journey wanted to be hardheaded, and stubborn, then so be it. She'd have to learn the hard way.

"Fine, baby. I understand. And I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so protective, and I should've gave Wolf a chance to talk to you." All that was coming out of my mouth was fucking bullshit. I had to try not to laugh after every word.

Journey gave me a kiss on the cheek. "So, you'll be fine with going out to lunch today? Just me, you and Wolf?" Journey quirked an eyebrow at me, and a little smirk played on her lips.

She was pushing it. Journey placed her hand on my cheek, before my pecking my lips. "Please," she gave me a little pout.

"Fine," I mumbled. Journey gave me a quick kiss, before doing a little dance in her seat.

"Yes! We're going to get all of this worked out!"

Sure.

***

"She really thinks she'll get you and Wolf talking again," Gunner asked in disbelief. We were sat in our second period. Journey was sat up front with her friends. She kept looking back at me, and giving me these cute little smiles and winks. It was almost like I was never mad at her.