Chapter Seventeen

Cameron |

After leaving the school, I headed straight for Wolf’s house. I don’t think I’ve ever been so mad at someone in my life. He had the nerve to actually try to have sex with Journey when she was refusing. That’s fucking sick. It’s not the fact that Wolf did it to Journey. He could’ve done it to any other chick, but the fact was that the idea of what he was doing was immoral.

I’ve done a lot of fucked up shit, but never anything like that. Wolf deserved to get his ass beat, and that was that. He was lucky that I actually had some sense of morals, because if I didn’t I would fucking kill him. I don’t think I could get to his house fast enough. I was going way over the speed limit just to get to his place.

I pulled up in the driveway when I got there, and wasted no time to get out of my car. Wolf’s parents were never in town, and if the motherfucker wasn’t at school, he was home. So, I knew he had to be there. I banged on the front door, but got no answer. “Wolf, answer the fucking door,” I yelled. No answer. I decided to test my luck, and wiggled the door knob. The door opened. Dumb fuck.

I walked straight in, and headed up to Wolf’s bedroom. As I got upstairs, the sound of Rock music grew louder and louder. I opened the bedroom door hoping to find Wolf, but he wasn’t there. “Wolf, I know you’re here!” I grabbed the stereo that was blasting music, and pulled it out of the socket. “Don’t be a pussy, Wolf!”

No answer. Fuck, he was really testing my patience. “You’re only making me angrier,” I said as I searched his room. The lights in his bedroom were on, and it seemed as if someone was just in the room. There was a weird presence, so he had to be somewhere. I opened his closet doors to see if he was hiding in there. But to my surprise, I didn’t find Wolf; but I found a fucking shrine dedicated to Journey.

Pictures of Journey were set on a table in his walk-in closet. I wonder how the hell he even got those pictures. Some of them were of Journey when she was pretty young. Elementary, middle school, high school; he had pictures with her and her friends, and family. He had to go through a lot of work to get those pictures. As if the pictures weren’t creepy enough, he had sports articles about Journey and soccer taped to the face of the table. What put the icing on the cake though, was the plastic bag with what I assumed was a strand of Journey’s hair.

I felt like I was going to puke. How could someone be so obsessed with someone? It was completely sickening. If I didn’t want to beat his ass before, I definitely did then. I stormed out of the closet, and began rampaging through Wolf’s house. “Wolf, just come the fuck out,” I whined almost like a child.

The hunt was getting more annoying, but I wouldn’t give up. I knew he was in here somewhere. Finally, I came up to the last room that I haven’t been in. The basement. I walked down the stairs of the basement, and flipped on the light switch. I nearly shat my pants when I saw him. He was slumped, sitting on a couch in front of a running TV. Blood was all over the couch.

He was dead.

-

“What the fuck,” Journey exclaimed as she put a hand to her heart. She was breathing unevenly after I told her about what I saw. You would think I’d be the one like that. I’m the one who saw the fucking body.

“Did he do himself in,” Gaia asked. “He’s still fucking down there?”

“What were we supposed to do? Move his fucking body? I’m not touching that thing,” I argued.

“From what I saw, the dude couldn’t have killed himself. I’ve taken forensics, and I’ve learned a bit about ballistics, and I have a bit of common sense. He had a bullet wound to the chest, stomach, and one right in the center of his fucking head,” Gunner explained.

“I’m going to puke,” Ivy said as she began walking away from us. Bash quickly went to her side to try to calm her down.