thirteen

taehyung's pov:

"wake up, taehyung!"

i groan as my eyes flutter open wearily. my mom was standing in front of me with an irritated expression. i could tell she was still mad at me because of last night's events.

as soon as i arrived home, i was planning to come up with an excuse on why i was home late but my mother already sussed out there was an eccentric party being held at sehun's place. she was fuming and i got the longest prep talk ever and to top it all off, i'm grounded for the remainder of my time here in korea even though my mom leaves for america today.

as soon as my mother left, i had the longest shower and dressed into my school uniform which consisted of a button up shirt that i tucked into my trousers.

i brushed my hair and mentally cursed as my mini hangover was killing me. i should have left the second i realised what was going on, now i'm gonna most likely fail the stupid tests i've been revising so long for.

"here, take this. i'll pick you up after school like i always do and then i'll make my way to the airport." my mother explains as she passes me my lunch.

"thank you." i manage to murmur as my mother nods with a soft sigh. she makes her way to the car as i furrow my eyebrows slightly, a sharp pain in my head made me grimace as i groan softly.

i put my trainers on swiftly along with my coat and bag. i join my mother in the car as we begin the journey to school, i read over previous notes as the whole drive was deadly silent.

as soon as we reached our destination, we said our goodbyes, my mother wishing me luck for the tests as i continue to read notes for the remainder of my walk to my class.

i was fucking nervous and the stupid hangover wasn't helping at all. by the way things are going, it was clear i was going to flop the test real bad and so i scold myself for drinking the night before when i knew what was due to happen today.

"fuck." i murmur as i grab my hair in frustration. i was seated on my desk at the very back away from everyone else. my headache was killing me, the sharp pain made me grimace every once in a while.

"are you okay?" i turn my head and notice a female with long, flowing blonde hair that was neatly crimped. she had soft, green eyes with a hint of coffee brown i assumed it was contact lenses but either way i couldn't help but to think that the girl was crazily attractive.

"uh, yeah fine." i cough nervously as she furrows her eyebrows, unconvinced. "i'm jinsoul." she tells me as she takes the extra seat beside me without warning and brings her hand out for me to shake.

i take it steadily as she smiles sweetly. "uh, i'm kinda new here." she explains as i furrow my eyebrows at the statement. "isn't it too late for you to enrol?" i ask as she shrugs her shoulders.

"my dad knows the principal." she says as i nod slowly. her skin looked so soft, she was stunning.

it wasn't soon when i realised i was staring intently at the newcomer in admiration as she chuckled and took my revision notes swiftly. "let's revise together." she suggests as i nod, it was evident she was leaving me in a faint trance.

we began revising and going over notes, it was crazy how she managed to join so late. "how're your grades?" i ask as she stares at me attentively. "i guess it's good, i skipped a year to get here."

my jaw parts suddenly at the new information. she must be excessively good, i might have new competition.

out the corner of my eye, i notice hoseok and jimin stealing glances subtly. i turn to catch eyes with them as hoseok swiftly shoots me a glare and continues conversing with jimin.