fifteen

taehyung's pov:

the hall was filled with exuberant yet anxious students. gradually, more students entered as we all took our place.

it was our graduation ceremony and the hall currently consisted of teary yet elated eyes. i, however, was currently sitting by myself nearer towards the front of the stage as i glanced at the parents who came to support their children with proud expressions.

my mother was due back early tomorrow morning and so she would wait for me at the airport to bid me goodbye.

the thought of leaving on such a bad note made me want to sob uncontrollable amount of tears.

it wasn't long before everyone was seated and were patiently waiting for the announcement they so desperately anticipated.

i shifted around my seat uncomfortably as i fiddled with my thumbs. i was getting anxious, the atmosphere quickly changed into an uneasy one as i glanced at the students making their way onto the stage to receive their certificates.

my eyes suddenly divert their attention back onto the stage as i catch a glimpse of hoseok and jimin. they looked so exultant, something i really wasn't.

"kim taehyung."

i exhale deeply as i make my way to the center of the stage. i felt hundreds of eyes staring straight at me and to think a pair of those eyes were jeongguk made my heart ache.

there were claps and cheers as i collected my award as the headteacher read out the subjects i had studied.

i squinted my eyes in search for my mother. even though i knew she wouldn't be here, it still hurt to see zero genuine support from the crowd like everybody else.

it was all so exhausting, everyone sounded all muffled like they weren't there. i became light headed, i couldn't stand properly and my legs were fucking trembling.

i staggered off the stage with speed as i just about managed to find my seat again. i put my head in my hands as a sharp pain circulated around my head.

i felt like crap. i just wanted to leave, to get this over and done with.

i was so caught up in my thoughts that i didn't realize the ceremony ending swiftly. food and beverages were being served as the hall quickly became empty.

"where's your mom?"

i turn slowly and notice someone sitting beside me. i squint my eyes until i realize it was sehun with his mother and father who were beaming, evidently proud of sehun.

"uh, she couldn't make it. she's in america." i murmur as mrs oh frowns softly. "that's a shame. you were really amazing up there, sweetie. i heard you're moving to america tomorrow? goodluck with everything." mrs oh smiles as she strokes my arm with affection.

sehun frowns at this new found information as we exchange glances. "what? you never told me."

"we'll leave you two to talk. we'll be in the car when you're ready sehun." mr oh states as he and mrs oh make their way out the immense hall.

sehun turns back to me with a slight dazed expression. "so you're really leaving?"

i nod softly as sehun's gaze travels down to his own lap, where his hand rested as he fiddled with his thumb. "i'm gonna miss you."

i smile at the statement as the events of the party quickly plenished my mind again.

"sehun, about the party, i'm sorry for—"

"it's okay. i can't force you to like me." he murmurs with a slight melancholic tone.

there was an awkward silence as sehun sighs slowly. "good luck, taehyung. don't forget about me." he mumbles with a slight smirk.