epilogue

[ six months later ]

"come on, haneul." i pat my legs as haneul climbs on swiftly. i lay in bed cuddling haneul as she meows softly.

i only got haneul a few weeks ago as i was missing yeontan's exuberant and energetic self and my dad was always out working late at night. some nights, he wouldn't even come home.

i glance over at my computer sitting on my study table in my room. with haneul in arms, i make my way to the computer and sit on the chair opposite it. i sigh comfortably as i cuddle haneul tightly.

she meows out of frustration and struggles to release herself from my grip and so she scratches my bare leg which causes a painful sensation to circulate my body instantly.

i yelp in pain as haneul sprints out the room quickly. i groan as i notice two scratch marks on my thigh, because i was wearing nothing but shorts accompanied with my hoodie, she managed to scratch my skin causing the scratch to be sore and obvious.

unlike haneul, yeontan appreciated and enjoyed my cuddles however haneul hated human contact, it was a surprise that she even let me hold her a few minutes ago.

feeling isolated and alone as usual, i turn my computer on briskly and quickly click on skype. i knew who'd be on, awaiting my call. i smile to myself as i notice he's online.

he called me before i could call him. i chuckle at our similar antics and accept the call.

it wasn't long before his face appeared on the screen. he was wearing chic, round glasses and a plain, oversized white t-shirt. his hair wasn't honey blonde anymore but a soft shade of dark, coffee brown. i smile at how ethereal and alluring he looked. this was our third time calling in the time span of 24 hours. we call so much that it became a daily routine.

"i miss you." he says immediately as i notice he was sitting in his dorm with a sweet smile on his face. "me too." i frown softly as i squint my eyes.

"so is jeonghan not there?" i ask slightly irritated as jeongguk nods softly. "yeah, he's out partying somewhere."

jeonghan shared the same dorm as jeongguk and i couldn't stand him at all. to me, it seemed like he was all over jeongguk and that made me feel twenty times more worse for not being there.

"how's uni going for you?" jeongguk asks as i shrug my shoulders and hug my knees. "i hate it, they're all so mean." i frown as jeongguk copies my actions.

"what do they do?" jeongguk asks as i sigh softly. "i don't know, it's just these group of guys who make fun of me." i mutter.

and to think the university i was currently enrolling at was supposed to be the most prestige one in america. there were three or four boys who found it amusing and entertaining to pick on me for no apparent reason, if i'd answer a question during a lecture they'd childishly imitate my gestures and publicly humiliate me.

other than that, uni was tolerable.

just a little bit tolerable.

"what is there to make fun of? you're gorgeous." jeongguk tells me as i begin to become flustered. "i wanna be near you though." i mumble as i fiddle with my ring. "we haven't kissed in six months." i complain as jeongguk begins to laugh.

"then, as soon as you come back, we'll have to make it up." he murmurs as i nod enthusiastically at the thought. "i'll attack you with kisses as soon as i see you." i say as he smirks mischievously.

"think bigger than that." jeongguk murmurs dangerously low as i furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "uh, hugs?" i suggest as jeongguk shakes his head steadily.