nine

taehyung's pov:

"what the heck? he can't move you if you don't want to." jimin exclaims as i sigh deeply. by moving to america, i'm certain that meeting hoseok and jimin would be almost impossible.

"your dad is such an ass." hoseok states as i chew the tip of pen. i nod in agreement as jimin groans in frustration.

"moving to daegu wasn't as bad, we could still meet up during the holidays but moving to a whole different continent? ugh." jimin sighs as i rest my chin on the palm of my hand.

"we can skype, call, text?" i suggest as hoseok shoots me a look of irritation.

"it's not the same though, tae." he furrows his eyebrows as i sigh for the hundredth time. the whole atmosphere was drenched in exasperation and infuriation for my father.

"remember to call us everyday, okay?" jimin says taking my hand innocently. i return a smile and nod swiftly i couldn't believe we've spent so long together just for us to separate for years afterwards.

"let's talk about something else." i murmur as hoseok nods. "guess what i've found out?"

jimin and i briskly divert our attention to hoseok as he clears his throat. "i heard that jeongguk might be going to the same college as jimin and i. he was always good at dancing."

jimin furrows his eyebrows as i let my gaze fall to the table. why was i always reminded of the fact i won't be able to ever see jeongguk again?

"i hate that guy. i know you—"

"shut up!" hoseok pleads as he quickly covers jimin's mouth with his hand. "you have such a big mouth." he mutters.

i tilt my head in confusion as hoseok shoots me an uneasy smile. "uh, anyways..."

"no, keep on talking jimin." i say sternly as hoseok chuckles nervously. "what? why? he didn't say anything?"

"oh, jeez." jimin mumbles as i lean on my chair and fold my arms. "you guys are hiding something from me. i wanna know what." i tell them with a hint of disappointment.

"what are you hiding? i feel so left out." i state as jimin and hoseok exchange uneasy looks. "it's not really something we can tell you." hoseok mutters as i continue to furrow my eyebrows.

"it's nothing, it's nothing." jimin clarifies as i collect my books and stuff them in my bag. "well, when you're ready to let me know you know where i am." i say frustratedly.

i leave the library briskly as i ignore jimin's desperate pleads to come back. i felt so isolated, so disappointed. even with our last few days together, they always had to keep something from me.

they're the only friends i have and therefore i was incredibly sensitive to the smallest of things, and they knew that.

the cool breeze slapped my skin as i shivered almost immediately. i knew i should have brought a jacket with me.

it was then that i felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

sehun
some tutoring would be really helpful
i have stuff to do and so i'm only free after 10
can you be there then?

i furrow my eyebrows at the sudden request.

me
that's too late my mom will never allow me

sehun
it's okay i can call her and tell her you're sleeping over mine she'll allow that right?

it was an uncertain answer, with a little hesitation and reluctance maybe she will?