fourteen

taehyung's pov:

"what? no." i moan discontentedly as my mother sighs softly on the other side. "i'm sorry baby but the weather here just keeps getting worse and worse, i doubt the snow will clear anytime soon." my mother explains on the phone.

"it's okay, i get it. please try and come, mom." i plead. "of course sweetie." she murmurs unconvincingly as i sigh deeply. we say our goodbyes as i put the phone down with much aggression.

everything was a fucking mess, i currently had no friends, i trampled and messed with both hoseok's and sehun's heart like the asshole i am, jeongguk was nowhere to be seen and i'd kill for his presence right now and now my mom can't travel back home for my graduation ceremony.

i was certain that i'd leave korea discontent and desolated, sorrowful memories would replace my joyful and exultant ones of my time with my friends and before i'd know it, i'd be on the plane to some foreign country and be surrounded by the unwanted presence of people i don't even know.

or i could fix things before i leave.

i know where hoseok lives, i could easily and effortlessly go over and apologize like i should. but would he accept my apology?

i hesitate as i lie upside down on the sofa, i was bored as hell and i wasn't willing to make the journey all the way to hoseok's house just for him to disregard my apology.

"oh, fuck it." i roll off the sofa and make the decision to pass by his house to apologize. i get ready with speed and before i knew it, i was out of the house.

hoseok only lived a few doors away from mine and so i reached his place in no time. i collected myself before i knocked a few times on the auburn colored door.

i heard a few chuckles and giggles from the other end of the door before it opened swiftly. hoseok stood with a huge grin plastered on his face before it disappeared quickly when he caught a glimpse of me.

he frowned and attempted to close the door however i stopped it with my foot briskly as we exchanged uneasy glances.

"please give me a chance to explain." i plead as he scoffs and rolls his eyes. "what is there to explain? you're such a whore." hoseok shot bitterly as a painful sensation made it's way into my chest.

"who's at the door?" a voice asked as jimin appeared behind hoseok swiftly. "oh, taehyung." he murmured, his words laced in disappointment and guilt.

"can we just talk together? i leave next week and i really don't want to go like this." i explain as hoseok's dark orbs stared straight into mine.

"well, bye then. have fun in america." hoseok retorts as jimin sighs softly. "hoseok, let's just hear him out first."

"i don't wanna hear it. do you know how much it hurts to see your best friend kissing the guy they knew you liked? you disregarded my feelings and ditched me in the party just to kiss him. that was a slutty move. we're done here." hoseok mumbles as he scurries back inside his house with much infuriation and desolation.

"hoseok, we can easily discuss—" jimin begins before he sighs and gives up as he watches hoseok march away. he turns back to me and exhales once again, the whole scene and bitter words left me dazed and hurt.

before i knew it, tears were streaming down my face as i sniffed and rubbed at my eyes softly. "does he really hate me that much?"

a flash of disappointment plasters itself on jimin's face as he shrugs. "it's better to just leave." he murmurs as i sniff once again. jimin closes the door swiftly as i make my way back home.