six

taehyung's pov:

"the only thing you can all do from now is to revise. use the weekends wisely, these exams determine your next path in life whether it's a positive or negative one." the principal announces as the whole grade groans in frustration.

it was friday and so the whole of next week consisted of the all important tests we've been studying years for. though i seemed calm and collected, i was nervous as fuck.

"don't worry, you'll be fine." sehun whispers as i uneasily nod my head at his statement. after our little event after school yesterday, it was hard to act casual around him.

he placed his hand on my knee as i soon realised i was shaking my leg up and down due to my nerves. "sehun, i'm gonna fail. i'm gonna be a nobody." i whisper as the headteacher continues mumbling about the exams which adds to everyone's nerves.

"are you kidding me? you're a freaking A student." he mumbles back as i smile softly at his compliment. "talking about grades, could you help me improve mine? call it last minute tuition. i really could do with some help."

sehun is a good family friend who usually comes over for family gatherings and such and so doing him a little favour wouldn't hurt.

"uh, sure. when do you want to start?" i ask as he shrugs his shoulders. "today?" i furrow my eyebrows but later sigh at his persuasiveness. i had my own revision i had to do but i guess we could study together.

"okay." i murmur as he beams brightly. "thanks tae." he says as his hands rub my thigh slowly.

his touch didn't seem affectionate, almost seductive but i brushed it off and focused on the assembly.

however, i felt someone staring. someone glaring.

my eyes roam around the rather immense room as my eyes suddenly meet another's.

i could feel jeongguk's dark, cocoa orbs piercing daggers straight at me. he rolled his eyes as soon as our eyes met, and let his gaze fall somewhere else.

the remainder of the assembly was awkward and uncomfortable. i exhaled a sigh of relief once i was out and away from sehun.

ring! ring!

i groan as i discreetly take my phone out. it must be my mother checking up on me the nth time today.

but it wasn't my mom. it was jeongguk, i squinted my eyes as the name flashed on the screen repetitively.

i searched my surroundings to see if jeongguk was anywhere near but he was nowhere to be seen.

"hello?" i say once i picked the phone up.

"i want you in the janitors closet in five minutes. don't make stupid excuses, be here or i swear to god taehyung." jeongguk says hurriedly as a loud beep echoed through my ears signifying he had hung up.

my breath hitched as i felt myself trembling slightly. he really did sound pissed.

maybe i shouldn't go alone? maybe i should bring hoseok and jimin along?

but then they'd ask questions.

"why're you panicking? oh my god you probably look stupid." i mumble to myself as i make my way to the janitors closet that was situated on the first floor.

why was i so freaking scared? it's not like he could actually do anything.

right?

i collect myself and take in huge breaths as i slowly open the door. before i could apprehend the situation, i felt a force on my arm resulting in me being pulled inside the small, packed room.

the door shut loudly as i blinked anxiously. the lights were off so it was pitch black, no source of light. the only audible noise was my deep intake of uneasy breaths.

"jeongguk?"

the silence was driving me crazy. i felt my hands grope for the door as i trembled slightly.

why was i so fucking scared?

"jeongguk, you're scaring me now." i murmur almost inaudibly. what if it wasn't even jeongguk? what if this was all a trap? what if jeongguk was killed and so the murder stole his phone and pretended to be jeongguk so they could lure me into their trap and then kill—

"calm down." i hear jeongguk say, his irritated tone still evident.

i sigh in relief as i stifled a laugh at my childish antics.

"oh my god jeongguk don't do that again you really had me—"

"shut up for a second." jeongguk mumbled as i furrowed my eyebrows at his bitter commands.

i do as i'm told as i try to make out what was happening. although i couldn't see him, i could tell he was shooting me fatal glares.

"you really love making me jealous." he mutters dangerously low as i shake my head as if he could see.

"what do you mean?"

"you and sehun." he murmurs quietly as i gulp inwardly. so he was pissed at that?

"you're such a whore." he shoots bitterly as i blink at the insult.

say something, taehyung. don't let him walk all over you like that.

i couldn't make out what it was about jeongguk but something about him allured me. so much so that i was a changed person when i was around him, so submissive and naive.

"is he your new fuck buddy or something?" jeongguk asks sourly as i shake my head.

"say something then." jeongguk adds irritably.

"why are you so mad? we're not—"

"because i hate whores, that's freaking why." jeongguk says as he leans on the walls of the tight room, he turns the light on and so i quickly examined my surroundings. the only thing around us were cleaning equipments and a few spiders.

"i'm not a whore." i mumble almost inaudibly. jeongguk scoffs and rolls his eyes as he shoots me one more bitter look. "pfft, please. you practically beg for me, you're all over sehun's dick right now and god knows who else."

his words were laced in a bitter and hurtful tone, he had an expression on i wasn't used to. he genuinely looked pissed, he genuinely looked like he meant each and every insult.

his words were heart-wrenching, for some stupid reason it felt like i was on the verge of crying. a huge lump in my throat formed and my eyes were stinging painfully. i mentally scolded myself for being so sensitive.

it hurt to see him think so low of me when i thought so high of him.

i abruptly slapped him which made his face move to the side due to the sudden force. by now, i knew the tears were falling, my breath was shaking, i couldn't even look him in the face.

"i said i'm not a whore." i repeat, my voice quavering along with my shaky breath. "i can't believe you'd think that low of me. if i'm that desperate, go find somebody else to screw around with."

i quickly grope for the door once again and managed to find the knob. once i retrieved my grasp, i dramatically open the door and slam it shut adding on some extra noise for an exaggerated effect.

i can't freaking believe that guy.

"whatever..." i mumble to myself. this whole situation was positive seeing as i could now focus on my studies more. in a few weeks time, we all leave for college anyways and so there's no point in getting attached and dependant on jeongguk.

but somewhere deep down, i already knew that was too late.

(a/n) 감사합니다 [double update]
thank you for reading this trashy chapter i swear it gets more interesting. also LOONA's odd eyed circle make fucking bops byeee