seven

taehyung's pov:

"i'm probably the most straightest person you'll meet but love just isn't for me." hoseok explains as we all study and write notes at a table in our local library.

it was a saturday evening and so we all, as promised, met up at the library to study and go over revision notes.

"so you're straight with two gay best friends." i chuckle as jimin joins in swiftly. hoseok nods as he stifles a laugh. "girls are hot." he says as jimin and i exchange uncertain looks.

the library was bound to close any minute now, we've all been here the majority of the day studying frantically.

"okay, if i see anymore algebraic equations or formulas i'm gonna freaking scream. let's go, i'm exhausted." hoseok says as he packs his books away. the sight of him so irritated makes jimin and i giggle almost silently.

as soon as we were out, we were greeted by the sky, a soft shade of midnight blue, accompanied with a faint sight of the crescent moon.

a soft yawn escaped my lips as we made our way down the sidewalk. "jeez, i've never studied so hard." jimin states as the three of us link arms, me in the middle of both hoseok and jimin.

"i don't wanna leave you guys." i tell the two as i rest my head on hoseok's shoulder, my hands intertwined with jimin's whilst we all continued to link arms.

waking up everyday knowing i'm miles away from them would be so absurd. "taehyungie, you're so cute when you're needy." hoseok says as i pout slightly.

"we'll visit, we promise." jimin beams as we quickly reach my house. i exhale one more time as we all unlink arms. "see you tomorrow?" i confirm as hoseok and jimin nod. "you bet."

i smile and briskly disappear behind the door. a warm scent of spices and enticing seasonings tickle my nostrils as i shrug my outdoor clothing off. i was welcomed by an excessive amount of food sitting on the table. i tilt my head at this and quickly meet eyes with my mother who now noticed my presence.

"where the hell have you been? i've been worried sick!" my mother exclaims.

"sorry, i went to study with jimin and hoseok." i explain as i wash my hands.

i woke up earlier than usual to go and meet jimin and hoseok without asking for my mother's permission. i knew she'd be paranoid and want to drive me to and back from the library like a kid.

"and you didn't ask me? just because you're going to college soon doesn't mean you're suddenly an adult!" my mother states as i furrow my eyebrows.

technically, i am an adult.

"i'm eighteen, i'm an adult in the eyes of the law." i mumble inaudibly as i dry my hands.

"taehyung, you have to be careful. i don't want what happened to repeat itself." she tells me sternly as i nod reassuringly. "i get it, mom. i get it. i'm supposed to leave for college in a few weeks time. i'm gonna be all by myself, you're gonna have to learn to trust me." i tell her as she sighs irritably.

she wraps her arms around me, embracing me in the warmest of hugs. "i know i worry a lot but it's for your own good. if i don't look after you, who will?"

i smile softly as my mother pulls away. "oh, taehyung. my sweet, beautiful boy." i pull a face of discomfort as she pinches my cheeks. "seriously! you're so handsome!"

i smile at the compliment as we both make our way to the table that had an excessive amount of plates and cutlery. "are we going to eat all this?" i ask as my mother gasped abruptly.