Chapter 22: This is War

The battle plan was set up. The falgs in place. The rulest mostly established. The line was darwn between the guys and girls cabin, and then a flag placed on each end. The victory was the one that would bring the other teams flag back over the line and into their base. If you got hit with a water ballon, you had to drop the flag. And if you got hit, you had to run back to yoru flag’s starting postion. Sounds like fun.

Well, unless you were these campers who took fun as a serious business. The losing team had to have their hair dyed completely pink for the next day. And Azaiah wasn’t about that have that happen to him, he still wasn’t able to get the pink spikes out of his. So, he was going to make sure he won, no matter what the cost. The girls had already set up their heavy artillery, had their cabines armed with slings shots and a number of other weapons what seemed quite excessive for something that was just a kids game.

Exept this wasn’wt a kids game, nto anymore. No, this was war.

A number of kids for each team lined the line between the two teams with the core assult attempting to overwhelm the other with pure numbers.

However, there were still others who planned to take a more stealthy tecnhquie, go among the back allies to reacht eh flag without detection, and this was Azaiah’s postion. Afterall, he could run faster, and dodge ballons easier than if he was in a big group, plus it would seem less suspsisous for him to slightly break the laws of physics. 

The gun went off and the war began, water ballons flying in each direction a number of them hitting their target, soaking a number of people right away. Azaiah founded a couple of the cabins coming face to face with a girl who tried pelting him, but Azaiah ducked in time to dodge it before firing with his own water ballon, forcing her to retreat, hoever this was soon followed by several more trying to ambush him. Though strangly enough, their ballons all spashed the ground around Azaiah’s feet giving him the oppuritynity to dig several out of a backpack and hit them. He then came across one of their lareg catapults that were firing giant water ballons across the camp. With a quick wave of his hand, the catapult suddenly become much heavier, and unable to support its own weight. 

That would be one advantage that they wouldn’t have any longer. But as he smiled at his handywork, he didn’t notice a girl behind him, until he felt the all too familer pressure of a water ballon blowing up in his back. “Back tot eh base she said, and he relectuently agreed making his way across the camp. He was so close too. But on the plus side, he ahd taken down their catapult. Thogh looking at the battle field around him, their main forces had constantly been pushing the guys back, though he didn’t thin it was quite fair that they could bring all those weapons, whie lthe best the guys had were some shields they had been able to fasion with spare materal they found throughout the camp.

“They have the falg!” several guys called out before the girls with the flag started running back through the camp this got the guys to focus their attention on her, and so theyd idnt’ pay any attention to the giant water ballon flying through the sky until he crashed into about a dozen different guys, soaking all of them and knockgin a few of them over.

By this point, Azaiah had made it back to the bease so he was able to join the gaem again. He ened up taking a back route from behind the boys cabins hoping to be able to cut them off, especially as he accelerated his body since no one could see him back here. He made it to the midpoint right about the time that the girls were about to cross it, which meant that he had the perfect chance. Well, hta twas until several charging girls saw him and set their sights on him, forcing him to get behind the cabin for safety.

“A guy got thorugh.”

“That doesn’t matter, we have enough close by to knock him out.”

Looking across the camp, Azaiah saw Shion with the girls’ flag, however he was stuck behind a couple buildigns, trying to avoid the girls who ere closing in on him, but Azaiah knew that Shion couldn’t alst for too long. However, just went hope for Shion was running out, a voice called out, this one seeming to come from the sky.

“Halt!” They all looked upward , and on top of one of the cabins, they saw a guy standing there, dressed in what Azaiah could only describe as Zero form Code Geass, with helmet and cape, and everything. “Believe in yourself Sion. Not the I that you believe in. Not the you that I believe in. But believe in the Sion that belives in you!

With this insanity, everyone wondered just what was going on, and as such stopped what they were doing. This gave Azaiah the chanced he needed, with everyone else forgetting about the game, Azaiah hit the girl with the flag forcing her to drop it and to return. However, before the girls could do the same thing ti Sion, Zero jumped down from the cabin and drew a sword which he used to cut the water ballonw of the girls in front of him, cuaisng them to explode in their hands.

“Your water ballons have explored on you, there for you are to return to the base,” Zero said, following it up with a “Believe it” for good measure. Sion started running across the camp, with peole throwing water ballons at him, but Zero, who Azaiah by now figured out was Aaron was blocking many of the incoming water ballons with his katana. Why they used a katana, no one ever knew except for the fact that the rules did not forbid it. And since the water ballons never actually hit Aaron, he wasn’t out. Azaiah helped out too unseen, causing some water ballons to go oer Sion, others to fall to the ground, and still others happened to slow down just enough to not reach him in time. The guys then took this point to coutner attack, forcing the girls away from Sion and Aaron, though eventually Aaron feel to a well placed sling-shotted water ballon that hit him in the mask.

However, by this point, it didn’t matter, Sion was surrnded by his comards as they protected him as they got back to the guys base, and upon placing the falg down, the guys had won,. And judging by the red in this document, I really can’t spell the word balloon. Ah, so that’s how it’s supposed to be. Cool!