Chapter 6: Waterballons

Yes waterballons, can anyone guess what’s going to happen in this chapter? Good? K, let’s go.

Azaiah woke up from his nap, having a strange dream, but not one he can remember. “Dude, what’s with you?” Alex asked as he started to walk around the room.

“Huh, what do you mean?”

“In your sleep you mentioned something about killer penguins abjecting the queen of England and holding her hostage for those little fancy cheese cubes.”

Azaiah looked at his friend with a look of confusion, and then reliezed that it actually took Tiger 6 chapters to work in a killer penguin reference, that was longer than he ethought it’d be. Even so, he was gald to know that’s what his dream was about. He’d certainly had strange too.

He went to check the time, so looked at his wrist, and them remembered he didn’t have a watch, so pulled out his phone. “Ah, orientation starts soon, guess we can go,” he said.

“Yeah, Miles and Mark already went on ahead, I figured I’d stay here and go over the schedule so I could weak you up if it was too late and you slapt…wait words, they’re wrong. I’d stay here so I could wake you up if you would have slept too late. Yeah, that’s what I was saying.”

“Oh, thanks.” Maybe this was good, Azaiah thought, having a frined here who knew about him, and could help. “Do me a favor though,” Azaiah said.

“What?”

“Don’t get involved in any of the dangerous stuff, let me handle that.”

“Yeah, I understand,” Alex said.

Bad guys didn’t play fair. They’d use any weaposn they had, be it guns, or hostages, it didn’t matter to them. If they had to, they’d be willing to kill a thousand innocnets just to accomplish their goal. Azaiah didn’t want one of his friends to be caught up in this again. That’s why he was glad the camp was away from his family and friends, but this also gave him motivation, a person he kenw to protect. A hero wasn’t one who fought for their own fame and glory, but one who was willing to sacrifice for someone else. That’s what made a super hero different from some person with some cool powers.

So, after putting his shoes on, Azaiah and Alex were off to the big community room, which was stuffed with more chairs than it was built to hold. The two of them found a seat at the back of the room, and the adults started going through all the rules of camp, the expectaions, along with some funny stories. He did find it strange that they had a rule expressly forbidding the use of fire works shot down the chimney of the cabins of the opposite gender between the hours of 1 and 3 am, along with 7:22 pm to 8:12 pm. But rules were there for a purpose, if only to provide questions and to inflate word count.

Still, Azaiah found them kind of boring, and was still a bit sleepy. Most of it was pretty common sense really, or in those panplets he was given when he regsittered, gratned, that was also the time when he noticed half of the students just throwing them away, so maybe this was needed.

“Tired?” Alex asked after Azaiah tried and failed to hold back a yawn.

“A little bit.” After this, Azaiah kenw he had the workers orientation, which was likely more boring stuff. He wondered what exactly his job was here, since it seemed kind of vauge, and why would they make a high school student a director of anything? Granted, if either Angie or the military arranged it, there might be a good reason for it.

Still, the orientation ended soon enough, and as Azaiah left the building, he saw something that would stand out more than apolar bear playing piano at the equater during Marte Graw. It was a person wearing a tree branch on their head, wearing a military uniform shirt, but also bright neon pink swim trunks.

“General, what are you doing here?” Azaiah asked, as he wlaked up to him.

“Shocking! Young man, how did you dare decude my identity not to mention even so me through my brilliant disguise.”

“Your brilliant disgues is as effective as sneaking in a Spanish English dictionary to a meeting of the Japenese paralment.”

“I knew that someone as wise as you would see the brilliance.”

“Sure. So, what are you doing here?”

“I’m glad you asked,” the general said, quite loudly. “You see I am on a top secret mission of national importance. Keep it a secret though, otherwise the entire world could be doomed should even a rumor of the mission get out to even our most trusted allies.”

“Okay General Ian,” Azaiah said reading the generals nametag.

“That’s Mister Major General Ian to you!” The gernal than looked over to the band that had just set up at a stage. “Hit it!” he declared as the music started playing.

“For you see I am the very model of a moden major general, in all matters animal vegtible and milneral. I an even hum a fume should you request it. So with out a doubt undoubtalbely, I am the very model of a modern major general.”

“That’s not how the song goes, and they’re playing the intermental for the Attack on Titan theme mixed with the Skillet song Yours to Hold.”

“Ah, the innocence of youth. But worry not young combard. Soon you too may understand the way sof the adult world, in all the wonders of glory that it may entail. Just take my advice young man, should you idn your self alone and abandoned on a desloite highway in the Moby Desert, ensure etaht you are wearing pants and that they do not have a red stripe on them.”  Ian then put his hand on Aziaah’s head. “Now if you will excuse me young man, I have a top secret meeting with my subbrdinates about the progress of China’s time travel program.”

Okay, how in the world this person made it to the rank of Major General without being put in a hosptital for crazy people amazed him. Even the government coudlnt’ do something that crazy. Hech, hal the time they can’t even do anything, nto even open some days.But he wasn’t in charge, so he couldn’t really do much, other than thing about how crazy they were. The band then started to play more music from Skillet, including the song Rebiriting, and yes, the author is just including the songs that his computer is playing into the story because he needs to. Still, Azaiah thought the music was pretty good, even if the singer didn’t have quite the right voice for John Cooper’s screams, but he still enjoyed it. Plus Ian was dancing like a balerana as he left the camp. Yeah…music was a good thing to think about right now.