Chapter 1: Beguinings

Chapter 1:

Beguinings

There were some onstants in the universe, for example the, fact that tiger can’t spell, or the fact that penugins are awesome, or the fact that the sun shiens in the morning, however beyond this, there is one truth that overcomes all others, one that has been true sine the dawn if time and onen that would remain true even after the universe died.

And that truth was the fact that kids loved the rest that summer vacation brought them.

Azaiah was no different. He stepped into his house/apartment after his final day, set his backback down at the door, and started to walk up to his room, so thankful that he could just sleep now without anyone able to yhell at him about exams, homework, or any of the things tha school entailed. No longer would he have to get up early every day, so he could stay up all night hanging out with friends, or playing video games, or saving the city from the foul viillions that never seemed to stop terrorizing the good people of New York City.

Healmost made it up to his room too, but he hard the voice of his father call out to him. “Azaiah, can you ome down here?”

He gritted his teeth, almost to his true freedom. He wondered what his dad wanted, but had a feeling it would be something that would make him forget about the sjoy he felt at not having to worry about school ever again, or at least for the next 3 months, but for a 16 year old boy, that was close enough to forever. This did made the author wonder when Azaiah turned 16, since he was always 14 or 15 in the other stories, bbut he figured this was something to just go with, and that a day like this was not the time to be worrying about the chronological ordering or timing of his stories.

Anyway, he was  a teenager, liked summer, hated school, at least to a degree, so that was what was important.

So, he went down stairs.”

“What is it?” he asked, afraid of the answer.

“We talked to Angie today.”

That was weird, Azaiah thought, afterall Angie normally only appeared to him. Granted, he had seen her a few other times talking to his parents, and even that one time for those military to prove that she was who she claimed to be, since otherwise no one would believe them when they said they had a message from an angel of God. Reguardless, Azaiah kne something was about to happen, as she didn’t just pop in to say good afternoon.

“What about?”

“You remember Cicade, don’t you?”

Azaiah nodded, even if the name of that evil organization was misspelled, but oh well, it’s right in the summary, the reader can go back there if they really want to know what it is. “Yeah, how could I forget?” Azaiah said, since the last time they battled, the winter prior, it had cost one of Azaiah’s friends his life, and made it so some people would never be the same. “Did she learn more about Cicada?”

“According to her, they are up to something at a summer camp down in Georgia. It’s for musicians, those in high school wanting to gather, and learn more, and just have fun throughout the summer.”

“So, she wants me to go there, investigate, and put a stop to it.” Azaiah leaned back against the wall, thinking about where this would lead him. Afterall, they seemed to have a lot of secrets. Cicada had oppurtives in many places, from top secret military researches, to the police, and anywhere in between. That’s why he was sent to stop them, no one else could be trusted to be free from their hands of influence.

“That’s’t he basics of it anyway,” his dad said. “She was able to make the right connections, so you’re signed up to be one of the workers there. Since you don’t know how to play an instrument, that would be the best way to get you in there without arousing suspicion from the other campers or staff.”