Chapter 11: Meet the Family

“Nervous?” Sion asked Azaiah as he stood in front of the mirror, trying to figure out what was wrong with his outfit.

“Na,” he said, “I’m sure they’ll love me.”

“So why are you wearing your underwar outside of your pants?” Sion asked.

“I knew I forgot something!” Azaiah said rushing to change, hoping he wouldn’t be too late.

“Sheesh, my little brother really is something./ “Don’t worry, just be yourself, and I’m sure they won’t think you’re that crazy.”

“Okay, did I put on any other clotehs in the wrong order?” Azaiah asked a bit fantically.

“Not that I can see,” Sion said. “I’m gonna heat up some meatloaf for dinner, you go enjoy that fancy meal thing with Foxy and her family.

“Yeah, I will, I’ll just go there, have a good time, and not blow anyting up. That would be a bad idea, blowing things up.” Why was he so nervous? Foxy loved him, and itu wasn’t like this was the first time he’s met them. However, it was normally just a few mintues before or after they went on a date. Still, they seemed to like him, and he didn’t think they’d be so evil to set this up as an interview to make surje that he’d be okayu. Wait, why was he wearing a suit anyway? He hated suits!

“Screw this, jenas will be good enough.” He then ran into his closet, trying to find his pants, though it took him a second to find him. “I thought my pants were on the other side of the closet.” Still, he pushed that thought away, deciding it must have been because of him being nervous, or Sion was sleeping walking again and ended up rearranging his closet in the process. Hey, it could happen.

Dressed in a way that Azaiah deemed acceptable, and not as someone that was aprt of a freakshow he went outside, and went to get in his car for the drive over to Foxy’s. As he sat in it, he just let the music play for a little bit, trying not to act nervous or anything, just take some deep easy breaths. Tjhat’s what he needed to do. Just stay calm, believe everything was going to be all right. After all, why wouldn’t it?

Pulling out of the parking lot, and then cursing the traffic of New York City, he made his way for Foxy’s place, whiel listening to the music in the car, trying to think of anything other than the worst case scenari of what could happen. Though he was a bit relieaved, this time his dad had decided he trusted them enough to not spy on him. That was a good thing, right?

Crazy paranoid parents…

Though perhaps not without reason.

Whateveer, Azaiah thought. He just had to keep going, not worry about these crazy scnearios, though he’d already mentally outlined what he would do in the case o a fire, terroists attacking, or even if someone cames down with food poisoning.

Yeah…he was overthinking things way too much.

But he finally made it, rang the doorbell, to which Foxy was there to greet him before giving him a hug. “Thank you for coming Azaiah,” she said leading him inside.

“Good to see you again,” Azaiah, Foxy’s mother said while shaking his head. “I’m almost donen with dinner, so please, make yourself at  home.”

With that, Foxy lead Azaiah into the living room where her dad was sitting watching TV. “So, you’ve come at last,” Foxy’s father said standing up from his chair, towering almost a foot over Azaiah. “You’ve ready to join the family business now?”

“Wait, what?”

“So you’re saying that you’re intention in coming here is not to marry my daughter and join the mafia?”