Chapter 7: The World May Never Know

Chapter 7: Yes, the last chapter didn’t have waterbaloons. Will this one? The world may never know.

So, Azaiah went off to his next meeting, because that’s what happens when ou work, you have all kinds of meetings o you can’t get any real work, done but if you do that, and your boss knows about them, then you just get to go to meeting sand hear about other people doing work, and then maybe say something and aound smart because you aren’t a complete moran then they don’t’ expect you do do much work, unless you accednetly volunteer for something like a book club or to reprogram the international space sation to place epic anime openings every 22 hours for the austornaughts to work up to.

I mean, Azaiah went to meetings. And thigns happened. But not really, so let’s move on.

On his way back from the cabin after the meeting, he wen through the papers they had given to him, and saw that he was slected to be part of a random drug screening because they don’t want workers at camps to be on illegal substances. So, he turned around reliazing that it was at the complete opposite end of the camp as he was at of course, so he ende dup turning around with a sign and began walking. On the way there, he spotted two people, a brother and sister from the looks of it discussing the epicness of full metal alchemist, and how awesome Roy Mustang was. Which, Azaiah had to agree with. Serously, if he didn’t have his own powers, being able to blow stuff up like Mustang did would be really cool.

Anyway, he made it to the dug screaning test, and was surprised at how easy it was. “Wait, you just want a piece of my hair. You don’t want any urine, or blood, or saliva, or to put a probe up my ….you know what, I’m not going to finish aht last one.”

“This got him a few strange looks from the guy at the front counter. “Now listen here bub. I’m sure you dream of greatness, but some of us here have real jobs. We can’t all be secret agents breaking into the Russian Maffia, and saving the world from the terrors that are evil gesse. So just sign here, and we’ll be on our way.”

“All right then.”

On the way back to his cabin once again, because that’s a good place to send him, he saw what appearned to be a very large catapult, and multiple boxes of waterballons. See, now the chapter titles fits! It was just off a chapter or so. Hey, at least the chapter title’s are consistent at tiomes. Well, sometimes, not very often.

So, where was I?

I have no idea, it’s late, but I’m writing, and I’ve hit 7k words, so let’s keep going.

Yes, Azaiah saw that they were building a catapult to fire waterballons, and as he got close, he saw that they were a few girls, and on top of the tentrance to their cabin, he saw a sign about it being for the treubunct club of East High Wildcats. So, that school had musical basketball teams, and techbunct clubs. Sounded ilke a fun school. He also noticed that they were all girls working on the catapult, which gave him some evil ideas. But he’s save those for later, when they were really needed.

“Is that a spy?” the one girl said, and he relized that he had gotten a bit too close to them.

“Uh oh,” he said, and he began running, not noticing how far into the girl’s cabin’s area he had gotten. Yes, it was so bad that when he began running, several other girls had already cut off his escape plan. Stil, he couldn’t just let them capture him, he thought about using his powers to get through them. Jumping 20 feet over them would be an easy way to escape, but now wasn’t the time for that.

Instead he found the biggest gap and started to run, accelerating his body just a tad to give him an edige, but it wasn’t enough. As he narrowly dodged one of the girls, he was hit by a massive water ballon slamming into him. As he knocked him onto his back while soaking him he saw it was fired by what looked like a potato gun. “Isnt’ that just excessive,” the now dripping Azaiah said as he got up and got away. He also decided that a little bit of revenge might be in order later on.

“What happened to you,” Miles asked as Azaiah walked into the cabin, immediately tossing his wet clotehs off and searching through his cramped closet for something dryer.

“Girls are crazy,” he said, pulling out some shorts which had a red stripe down the side of them, which made him think of the strange things that the general said. It probably didn’t’ mean anything though, just the gibberish that most goerment workers had a habit of saying. Hey, he should run for congress. “Stay away from their side of the camp unless you want to be covered in water.”

“Um, Azaiah, why is your hair pink?” Miles asked, causing Azaiah to walk to the mirror at the side of their room.

“How did…” he asked with quite a bit of bewilderment. How could they put hair dye in water like that? That just didn’t make any sense. “This better wash out,” Azaiah said walking into the bathroom deciding that after getting soaked with hair dye infused water, the best cure was even more water. Because logical is ligocal, and as such need not be in this story.

Emergling later, with most of the pink gone, except for what appeared to be pink highlights. Man, if Azaiah and the author were in the same world, Azaiah would be causing some pain to him. But, at least it was mostly better, and it wasn’t the weirdest hair style he’d seen so far. He saw a girl with a purple and blue Mohawk. And Mohawk is apparently captizled. Maybe I should name a character that. Sure, we’ll do that later.

“So, how has your day been?” Azaiah said, laying down on his bed.

“Well, Mom called 3 times to make sure I had taken my medicine, that I liked it here, and that my cabin mates weren’t escapies from the local prison.”

Azaiah thought about the fact that he hadn’t even spoken to his parents since he got here. Maybe he should call them, and just talk about how things had gone so far. So, he grabbed his phone off the table, pushed the number 5 to call his dad, but as he held his phone up to his ear. He heard his dad’s ringtone coming from the other side of the room. This caused him to immediately hang up.

“What was that?” Miles asked.

“Alex must have left his phone never hear. And how the heck to I type never instead of over?” Oh wait, that shouldn’t’ be in quotes, oh well.

Azaiah smiled a little bit though. Even if he wished his dad would tel him when he was spying, it was good knowing he ahd compotent backup here. Still, not turning yuour phone off wasn’t the most spy like thing to do, but well, everyone made mitakes.

“I think dinner is ready, you want ot head over there,” Azaiah said, hoping to change the subject before Miles thought too much about it.”

“Sure, that sounds good. I’ve heard camp food is onw of the best things about going to them.”

Azaiah wasn’t sure how true it was, but he hadn’t eaten anything other than the tiny bag of pretsels they got on the plane, so he’d eat about anything, even a pizza Tiger made while in one of his creative moods.