Chapter 17: The Black Bullet

Yes, I did just name this chapter after an anime. What are you gonna do about it?

Azaiah carefully went over to the cabin that Alex told him about. If there was something there, he hooped it would be easy enough to find. Between the many strange things so far, he really believed that this could be what he could need to solve the case. For a moment, he wondered if he should ask his dad for help here, and let him sneak around undetected, but at the same time, he knew that this was his mission, so it was something he wanted to do himself. He opend up the door, using his master key, and then brought out a small notebook from his pocket since he was smart enough to think ahead and didn’t just make things up for the sake of the plot like the author does.

He started writing things down about the various things he saw in there, 22 boxes of jalopeno ice-cream, which he really couldn’t see going down too much throughout the week. He also found several  various boxes of breakfast foods, instant milk, apples, oranges, lotion, which he wasn’t sure why it was kept in here, but the organization ahd to have made senst to someone. He also kept an eye out for anything that seemed supsious. After rounding the first set of cabnets, he noticed a door off to the side, almost hidden unless youw ere looking for it. That or spying, either one.

He walked up to it, and jiggled the handle but found it was locked. This made him smile. No one locks the door if there’s not something behind it that people don’t want to hide or protect. However, a mere lock would not stop someone who had a master key. So, he put the key intot he lock, turned it, and absolutely nothing happened.

So, he pulled the key back and smiled even more. A door that was locked in such a way as to make it so people couldn’t get in, even with a master key meant that there had to be some type of secret hidden within. And whiel a simple lock might deter some people, Azaiah wasn’t an ordinary guy. So, he backed up bit, got a running start, accedlerated his body as fast as he could, and slammed into the door with enough force to give him a very bruised shoulder, but at the same time it forced the door open. “Heh, old wodden doors can’t stop me.” He said walking into it. Although, after one look at what was in the room, he really wished he hadn’t. For fililng the walls of the room were pictures of a number of women wearing very little if any clothing. So, closing his eyes as quickly as he could, he turned from that room.

So, that explained the secret.

It wasn’t evil…well at least not in the way that he’d normally think of evil. Still, that wasn’t something he really wished to see. Though, it made him wonder. Why keep something like that so out of place? And if what Alex said was true, it was more than just one person who was in the cabin for an extended period of time.

Swalloing hard, he went back in the room, trying nto to look up, and instead focusing on anything else that the room had within it. Tahts’ when he saw it, a book case in the corner of the room. “Surely they wouldn’t make it this easy,” he said wlaking to it. He ended up finding a book sitting out suspisiously, and after pulling on it, the book case began shifting, moving out of the way to reveal a stair case. Azaiah shook his head, so they’d use an old classic to hide what they were doing.

He just started going down the staircase while he noticed that the stair case suddenly lit up. This worried him…maybe it was an automatic sensor, or someone turned it on. And even if it was automatic, Azaiah was pretty sure could mean that someone could tell that he was here.  Still, if he kew that they knew that he was here, than he’d be able to be ready for him. At least, that’s what he told himself as he went further down the steps.

The aura of uneasiness grew stronger as he went down the steps, and as he tried to estimate how many he’d gone down, he guessed it had to be around 100, when there was finally a curve in the path, something he was immsensly relived to see. Except, said curve only led to more steps further down. Sheesh, why did sercret underground things have to be so far underground. It wasn’t as if he would have found it any easier if it was only a few steps down. But reguardless of whatever evil these guys were up to, a few steps weren’t going to get in his way, though he was probably going to just fly up them on the way back up.