Chapter 2: Over the Clouds

After going over his filght ittenerary, Azaiah really wondered if it was necisarry to take a plane. Afterall, those seats didn’t give him much room, and knowing his luck he’d be surrounded by a couple fat guys that would make it impossible to move. Afterall, he could just fly through the sky on his own, and he’d be able to make it there in plenty of time. He’d even make sure to fly low enough that the FAA wouldn’t think he was a rogue plane after the president.

Not a fun conversation to explain that incident.

“So you’re saying that you’ll think about it?” Azaiah asked his dad.

“Azaiah, you’d be flying over 4 states, and your powers are supposed to be a secret.”

“I’d fly high enough no one would see me,” he said.

“How well has that worked for you before?”

“Um….pretty good,” Azaiah said, with what was mostly true. “Fine, I’ll take the plane,” he said, not watning another argument. As he said that, his cat walked up to him and rubbed its cheek against his leg. “I’ll go feed her,” Azaiah said getting up, thinking abuot the evil planes.

The next day began, and just as Azaiah feared, the plane was much smaller than he was conformtable with. Not to mention the fact that he seemed to be selected for every random security screaning they could think of. Apperently Azaiah didn’t know about a certain trakcing device certain crazy scientists decided they needed to put on him last time he was with them. Granted, after the whole Hon incident, the evil tests they did had been lessoned, but still, it was much more than he would have liked. Though he was greateful they’d decided to discontinue the use of certain machines to extract certain bodily fluids.

“So how long is this flight?” Azaiah grumpily asked the flight attended.

“Too long,” she reapliced, taking a seat across the isle. “All I wanted growing up was a princess, where I could have the world at my finger tips and people serving me. Now look at me, I’m an underpaid, overworked flight attendant who’s life consists of giving kids apple juice and old men coffee. Kid, what kind of life does that sond like to you?”

“um, a bad one.”

“Tell me about it. I mean, my sister has it all. Married into money, got the boobs and butt in the family, and she has all the jewelry she could want without having to lift a finger.”

“Flight attendents, prepare for take off.” The overcome stated, so the flight attended went back to her position.

That was quite weird Azaiah thought, but he’s experienced weirder things in the subways of NYC, and the author noticed that when he miseplled the by transpostingn the h and the e, Word is nice enough to fix that for him. There go about 100 mispelled words then!

So, the plane took off, with Azaiah starting out the window wishing he could just fly thought the clouds on his own without needing this giant hunk of metal. He saw someone a couple seats away from him who looked very nervous on the plane, with someone else telling her everything was going to be right and that there hasn’t been a fatal plane crash in America for quite some time.

Ah, people were strange.

Reguardless, Azaiah leaned his head back and tried to get some sleep, not being able to get much the night before since he was forced to go to bed much earlier than he would have liked when he was just starting his summer break.

The plane landed, he got off of it, and this story needs some action instead of just some boring intro chapters. So as Azaiah walked off the plane, that’s when he saw it, a face like one out of his dream, standing at him. And by dream, he means nightmare. “Brandon,” Azaiah said, not beliving it for himself. But it was just like those pictures he saw from his mom’s photo album. The brown hair that was just a bit too long, combined with the fact that he was still in the army’s uniform.

Sure, this was probably crazy, but Azaiah had to know if it was true or not. Hesaw his uncle round a corner into one of the many overpriced resterants inside the airport, she he started running. He thought about speeding himself up more with his powers so that he wouldn’t lose him, but didn’t want to attract any attention.

Going intot the resterant, he dodged a couple servers and scanned for the camo green of the army uniforms. “Brandon,” he said, loud enough that he hoped his voice would be loud enough to hear. That’s when he saw the uninform of an army officer, so figured that must be him. So he walked up to the person, tapped them on the soldier, but when they turned around, Azaiah saw it was an old navy captiaon.

“Can I help you sir?” the captian asked.

“No, I’m sorry, from the back I thought you were someone I knew.” Azaiah said. He walked away with his head down, knowing that he had to be crazy for thinking Brandon could possibly be here. It was the lack of sleep that must have been getting to him. So, he went on his way, out of the airport, and looked for the bus that would take him to camp. Note to self, name this chapter, Face from the Future.