Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter 27:

~Helena~

                Alex, Sean, Breeze, and I were walking the grounds. I was looking at all the differences that had happened to this place in the last year, while Breeze just looked around sadly as if knowing this place should be familiar to her, but it just wasn’t. Sean stayed by her side. At one point he took her hand and she gave him a weak, yet true, smile in return.

                “I think they have a crush on each other,” Alex whispered in my ear. “I wonder when he is going to suddenly pop and kiss her.”

                I elbowed him softly in the ribs, but had trouble suppressing my laugh. It was a wonder Sean hadn’t just lost it yet. I wouldn’t be able to handle it so smoothly if Alex completely forgot who I was. I would probably go hide in my room with the lights off until I was able to face it. He just took it so naturally and stood beside her, knowing that was what she needed and giving it to her.

                We were in the garden and I started to slow down. Alex matched by pace until we were a good distance behind Sean and Breeze. They didn’t take much notice of us.

                “I used to think I didn’t want Sean to be with Breeze when I found out she was my sister,” I whispered to Alex, “but now I see he is probably the best person for her.”

                “You should have seen him over the last year,” Alex mumbled.

                “Why? What happened?”

                Alex gave a sad sigh. “Sapheron was starting to really annoy everyone because of how much Sean was effected by Breeze being gone and finally he just gave into going out with her because he was tired of her being a snob I guess.”

                I frowned. “I haven’t seen her around, now that I think about it. Then again, I can barely find my way around the place.”

                “I talked to Lily earlier, and apparently, Sapheron isn’t leaving her room. The one time Lily went to see her, she looked murderous.”

                Looking back at Breeze and Sean, I was shocked. As Breeze bent down to smell a flower, Sean watched her with a soft look in his eyes. Watching him now, I couldn’t see him looking at any other girl. He and Breeze seemed so beautiful together, like Alex and I. Thinking about it; I took his hand in mine and pulled him close.

                He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me against him. I smiled at him and pecked his lips. He pulled me back and kissed me for a few seconds. Seeming pleased with himself, he looked straight with a wide smile. I pressed my head on his shoulder.

                Sean looked back at his then frowned at looked at Breeze. I knew he hated that he couldn’t hold her, kiss her, tell her he loved her, or even show the affection within him. It had to be killing him.

                “Helena,” Breeze said, looking at me with a smile. “This is like the garden from our home.”

                My heart leap. “Oh, I remember that garden. We used to play hide-and-go-seek in it.”

                “Yes, there was a maze with the sitting area in the middle and a few fountains around the place. You used to love to hide in the fountain.”

                “Of course,” I laughed. “That way I got wet on those hot summer days.”

                Breeze gave me a wide smile that brought back memories of hide-and-go-