Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter 29:

~Sean~

                “Sean, dear, you really should get some sleep.”

                “How can I sleep while I am locked in a cage with your body laying on a lab table tied up next to your sister? On top of that you still don’t know who I am.”

                Breeze’s Spirit frowned at me.

                I was sitting with my back against the wall next to Breeze’s table while Breeze’s Spirit knelled in front of me with her white dress and kind eyes. Her hair was perfect and she looked beyond beautiful. If only I could actually hold her.

                “Stay hopeful,” she said.

                I rolled my eyes. “How can I be hopeful when this has happened? With everything going on, what is the use of hope? I am screwed. We are screwed.”

                “Sean. You are not screwed. There are multiple problems in front of the both of us, but who is to say we won’t get through them? You found me after a year of me being away. Don’t give up now just because things aren’t going according to plan.”

                “I cheated on you for a year,” I snapped. “Part of me thought I lost you for good, so I screwed some girl who thought I was cute.”

                Breeze’s Spirit smiled.

                “What the hell are you smiling about? I just told you I cheated on you.”

                “You never screwed her,” she told me. “You haven’t screwed anyone for that matter.”

                The fact that she knew I was still a virgin surprised me a bit. “How do you know?”

                “Not only can I talk to you while I am a Spirit, I can talk to yours.”

                “I don’t understand.”

                “Everyone has a spirit, which is basically the part of the soul. It is the purest part of the soul in fact. Now I can talk with your spirit and a spirit cannot lie. It is the pure and true part of a person and cannot be anything but.”

                “So,” I said trying to grasp her words. “You cannot lie to me. I could ask you anything and you would tell the truth? And how did you talk to my spirit without me knowing about it?”

                “That is simple. Your spirit can act on its own, as you see me acting on my own without Breeze. It leaves your body from time to time to talk to me because you miss me and long to speak to me. As for whether or not I could lie to you, I cannot, but I am free to answer or not answer a question.”

                “Hold on a second, my spirit leaves my body to talk to you?”

                Breeze’s Spirit just nodded calmly. “Yes.”

                “Well can it get any weirder than that? What do you and my spirit talk about? And why do I not know about these conversations? Am I just not invited?”

                She laughed. “It doesn’t work like that. You might have memories of them. Dreams, for instance of speaking to me or anyone else for that matter, could be Spirit Talk. You are always there, Sean, you just do not always remember the conversations. A person connecting on a high level with their spirit is not an easy thing for them to do, after all a spirit is pure and as humans people are not pure. As for what we talk about, we would talk about anything really; sometimes we would just sit with each other or walk outside.”

                “Good to know,” I said sarcastically.

                She was quite for a few minutes and just stared at me.

                “May I sit by you?”

                “Of course,” I replied.

                Breeze’s Spirit sat down to my left and followed my gaze to Breeze’s body. She was still unconscious like her sister. Alex and the others were asleep. We thought about keeping a watch, but decided not to because the one time someone walked in the room Gene, who had been asleep, jumped up in alarm causing the room to shake.

                “Where are we?” I asked Breeze’s Spirit.

                “Honestly I do not know, I can only travel where my body has been. When Breeze was knocked unconscious I as well.”

                “Why won’t you go back into your body? Don’t you understand that I need you?”

                I looked at her beautiful face. She went to wipe the tears from my eyes, but her hand just past through my cheek. I could see the pain in her eyes. She was suffering as much as I was.

                “I wish I could,” she sobbed. “I am so sorry this is happening. Maybe if I had a better understanding of my power I could fix this, but I can’t. I keep trying, but something is keeping my body apart from me. I think that Helena…no it can’t be.”

                “What?” I asked. “Tell me.”

                “I think I need Helena to help. Something tells me without her, I will be stuck like this. Now Sean, I must go. You need to sleep and I need to rest to save my energy so I can get to work.”

                “Work on what?”

                “You will see my love,” she whispered before disappearing leaving me with questions and yet a since of comfort that only Breeze could give me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter is a bit short. The conversation between Sean and 'Breeze' in this chapter is important and I felt it should stand alone.

Hope you enjoy!