Chapter Thirty - Seven

Chapter 37:

~Lily~

I stood inside the room that Morgan was put in. We were the only two in there, while Wade stood outside the door with his swords. She was now awake and sitting nervously on the couch in the room. She looked terrified and I struggled not to feel sorry for her. After hearing Dylan's story, I did not know what to think. His life seemed so much harder than I ever thought. He seemed so carefree to be worrying about a sister or to have a dead wife and child. Then again, I thought I knew him, but I did not. He was also seemingly a good actor.

We were awaiting on him now. I stood against the wall, watching her, my arms across my chest. After she woke I came here to watch over her until her brother got here.

"When will Dylan be here?" she whispered.

"I don't know," I told her. "Soon I would imagine."

"Okay," she murmured with a nodded. "Are you going to hurt him?"

I met her sad eyes. "Maybe. After what he did to us, I do not see how I can avoid it."

"Are you going to hurt me?"

"Not as far as I understand," I sighed.

There was a soft knock at the door before it opened and Breeze walked in. Her eyes were sad. I had seen them change as soon as the Brotherhood came up. She hated them and now she came face to face with another that was controlled by them.

She walked in slowly and then shut the door behind her.

"Hello, Morgan, I am Breeze," she said as she carefully approached the girl. "I am here to see if you need anything. Are you hungry? Thirty? Hurt in anyway?"

Morgan looked at her with questioning, fearful eyes for a few moments before nodding. "If it is no trouble, may I have some water?"

"Of course, I will go get that for you," Breeze said before leaving.

As her footsteps disappeared, I spoke. "For years Emma Stone used her mind as a playground. She made her into a person with a split personality and put her in a coma for a year. It is amazing that she is as whole as she is."

"She seems nice," Morgan said looking at the door. "I am glad she recovered so well."

"Yes, so is her sister," I said sadly thinking of the hard times they have had since birth. "We don't like the Brotherhood here. In fact we hate it."

Morgan nodded and looked down at her hands which were folding in her lap. "I do not like them either. They are horrible. They don't see humans right or even mutants. We are things they can use. I...I did not like being trapped by them."

I gave a quick nod before turning away from her. She was not someone I wanted to feel for. She was the reason that I lost Dylan. The reason he lied to me.

A few minutes later Breeze came into the silent room with a glass of ice water. She walked over to Morgan and gave her the water. Slowly, she sat down next to her. Her long hair touched the couch even though it was wavy. 

"Morgan, I know it is hard to understand, but these people are not like the Brotherhood," she said gently. "They do not want to hurt you, they just want to understand what was going on."

"I do not know anything," Morgan said.

"I know you don't think so, but you were with them for years. Even though you think you do not know anything, you possibly do. For a long time I was used by them and now I understand their inner workings a little. I am not asking you to give us any information, I am just asking to know that you do not poss a threat to us here and our lives that many of us have worked hard for."

"I...I don't want to hurt any of you," Morgan whispered sadly as her pulled her legs up to rest her chin on her knees. "I just want to be with my brother."

"He will be here soon," Breeze said softly. "Do not worry, we are not going to keep him from you."

"Okay," she said slowly. "Why is he in trouble?"

Breeze sighed sadly. "He kept things from us and lied to us. We did not know about you until today. All of us here were beginning to think he was a spy for the Brotherhood. We still are not sure if we think he is or not."

"I don't think he would hurt any of you."

Breeze opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off by a knock on the door. It opened and Dylan walked in with Professor X behind him. Dylan hurried over to his sister. I stepped back towards the door.

"Let's give them some time alone together," Professor X said.

Dylan looked over at him. I watched carefully as their eyes connected and Dylan give him a slight nod before turning back to his sister, who was now smiling at her brother.

I walked out of the room quickly, not wanting to be in there any longer. Breeze followed behind me and then the professor.

Outside Wovlerine and Professor X stayed outside the room while I hurried down the hallway.

"Lily," Breeze called from behind me. She ran up behind me. "Lily, wait, do you want to talk about it?"

"What is there to talk about, he lied to me, he lied to all of us and he cause all of us so much pain by doing so. He is horrible and awful!"

"He told Professor X, you heard what he said, Dylan was a spy for us. He just did not know it. Do not act so rashly until everything is explained," she told me calmly.

"What would you know? You have Sean and the two of you are perfect for each other. Nothing could tear the two of you apart. Do you not know what this is like!"

"Sean might," she said hardly. "He spent a little while there with me when I did not even know who he was or if I should trust him. I remember wondering if I should trust him, and I chose to. Lily, things are never as simple as they seem. For now just try to relax and stay calm. Do not let your feelings cloud your mind, or at least try not to. I will promise you something though, Dylan is not the one among us we must not trust."

I raised an eyebrow at her as she came to a stop. Her face was hard and full as fear, yet determination.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Breeze, hey I've been looking for you."

The two of us looked to see Wade standing down the hall, just coming from around a corner. He looked at Breeze with soft eyes, eyes I had never seen him use before.

"Hi Wade," she said smiling real quick. She turned back to me and gave me a serious gaze. Her voice was barely a whisper when she spoke. "If you need anything let me know, but think about what I said. Now, I have something to, and I am ashamed I have to."

She walked over towards Wade and gave him a large smile. "Hey," she said. 

He placed his arm around her shoulder and walked her out of the hall. The action was odd and I realized that was what she was ashamed of. Something was going on between her and Wade. 

I sighed. It was none of my business. Dylan. Now he was my problem. One that did not seem like was going to be fixed any time soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, guys, I am seriously having trouble where to go with this. I thinking th next part will be in Breeze's point of view with her afternoon with Wade. Or maybe in Dylan's so that Professor can explain some things or something.

What do you all think? Remember, I take into mind what my fans suggest.