Chapter Eleven

“Who told you that?” the man asked.

                Before I could answer the women did. “Sean Cassidy, he is also known as Banshee. He fought with Charles the day you killed Shaw.”

                “Oh,” the man said. “You are friends with Banshee.”

                The women smiled down at me. “More than friends.”

                I really wished I could hit her and I hoped she was reading my mind. From the way she glared at me I guessed she was.

                “Interesting,” the man said with a smile. “Banshee is a funny kid. Ha, a human and a mutant. Who would have guessed? Did you know what he is?”

                “Yes,” I said.

                “Does it not bother you?”

                “No. Why would it? Mutant or not he is still my friend Sean.”

                Raven smiled at me, but the women rolled her eyes.

                “She is a mutant,” she said flatly. “I would know that mind anywhere. I spend hours inside it, taking it apart and putting it back together, making sure what Shaw did didn’t have that much damage on her mind like with you Erik.”

                I had no idea what she was saying. She had spent hours inside my mind? Was that true? I had never seen her before. Why she had she been in my head? She must be like Professor X.

                The man, Erik sighed. “Well how do we know for sure?”

                “We test her of course,” the women said.

                Something seemed to go through the three of them like a silent conversation. They all looked at each other and Raven’s eyes got wide.

                “No, that would kill her,” Raven said.

                The women smiled. “If she is a human. And if that’s the case she needs to die anyway after what she has seen.”

                “But she accepts us,” Raven shouted. “There aren’t very many humans that do. She could speak for us, maybe get more of them to understand who we are and that it is just the natural evolution of things, and that we aren’t bad because of what we can do.”

                “Oh, Raven,” said a new voice.

                I looked towards it to see a stunning girl. She had burnet hair that was perfectly fixed into a waterfall of curls. Her make-up was perfect and her pale skin seemed to glow. She had on a white mini-shirt and a pink tank top with a white camie over it that was so thin it was see-through. The girl started walking towards us and her teal wedged heels echoed off the walls as she came.

                “Always trying to save the weak. I think that weakling Charles Xavier had a negative effect on you,” she said. She sounded like one of those snotty girls from my old high school. Her eyes then moved to Helena and I. “What do we have here? Oh, Helen we meet again. How’s Alex?”

                “When I get down there I swear I am going to pull all that hair out of that head of yours and fry your skin, you bitch,” Helena yelled.

                The girl just smiled. “Aw poor little Helen,” she said in a baby voice, “are you still angry about what happened all those months ago?”