Chapter Five

The next day I found myself sitting on bleachers in front of a large cement room. Standing around the room looking very bored was Sean, Alex, Helena, Sapheron, Wade, Lily, Dylan, and yet another person I didn’t know. It was a girl with silver hair. She looked twenty-five at the oldest. She was also very tan and was clearly in charge because everyone was looking at her as if they were waiting for instructions.

                The night before I had slept on the couch in Lily’s room because she didn’t think it would be appropriate for me to stay in Sean’s room. Like everyone else here she thought we were together. Everyone that is but Wade. He seemed to be the only one that understood that Sean and I were just friends.

                “Okay everyone,” the silver haired lady said. “If Wolverine would hurry up maybe we could get started on time for once.”

                Sean looked over and smiled at me. I smiled back.

                “Good morning everyone.”

                I looked towards the door. In walked Wolverine and Professor X, or well he rolled in.

                “You’re late,” the silver haired lady said to Wolverine. “Come on we need to get to work.”

                “I vote we start with Deadpool,” Wolverine said pulling a gun out of his belt buckle.

                I jumped at the sight of it. Why in the world did he have a gun? What was this? I thought this was a school. Is he going to shot Wade? What if he killed him?

                “Right,” Wade said with a smile. “Let me get my swords.” He walked over to a closet door and went in. After a minute he walked back out, but now he had what looked like ninja swords strapped to his back. “Ready,” he said walking into the middle of the room.

                Wolverine pulled out another gun, and pointed the two at Wade.

                “Try not to kill anyone,” Professor X said. “Sapheron you better make a barrier just in case. We don’t want to repeat what happened with Sean last time.”

                “Hey,” Sean exclaimed, “he did that on purpose.”

                What happened? I wondered.

                “No I didn’t,” Wade argued. “My hand slipped.”

                “Sure, sure,” Sean grumbled as he walked out of the group towards me. He sat down right beside me. “I’m not taking any chances this time. I know you won’t hurt her.”

                “Thanks, using me as a shield,” I said under my breath.