Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter 24:

~Sean~

                I carried Breeze out of the room and we all headed for the exit. I didn’t really notice anything, not even when Helena kissed my check as thanks for saving her sister. After that I gave Breeze to Logan and just headed out walking with Dylan. We made it to the plane without trouble; all got buckled in, and took off.

                “Everyone hang on,” Hank shouted. “We have two missals on our tail.”

                After some fancy flying on Hank’s part, and Helena doing something that made her hair get purple streaks, we were in the clear, until…

                BAM!

                The plane jerked. There were a few screams and a mask of fear on everyone’s face.

                “Nothing else behind us,” Hank said after a few long minutes. “That explosion hit a few important parts, like our fuel tank. We will have to land soon.”

                “How far can we make it?” Professor X asked.

                “If we stay on this course then we can make it to England, or Norway.”

                “England,” Professor X said, “would be preferred.”

                Hank nodded. “In about two hours we should land in England.”

                I just sat and watched as Helena and Alex held hands and smiled at each other. My jealously of them was overwhelming. Breeze was talking with Professor X, and still acted as if she knew no one here. After an hour or so Professor came over to me.

                “How is she?” I asked before he could speak. My eyes went to her as she sat uncomfortably, talking to Storm.

                “Her memory is greatly damaged,” was his reply.

                “Can you help her?”

                Charles let out a sad sigh. “The block on her mind that was once there is now gone, which might be the reason she is like this or it could be from being in a comatose state for a year. The problem is Sean, is that her mind is very fragile right now. I might be able to do something to help her remember you, but it is possible it would cause more damage.”

                I closed my eyes and threw my head against the back of my seat. “Don’t then. Don’t do anything that could harm her.”

                “She knows you are important to her,” he told me. “Don’t lose faith, Sean. When we get back to the Academy, we can start analyzing what exactly is wrong. Maybe we can find an answer. The important thing is, is that she is with us and is safe.”

                I nodded feeling a smile form on my lips. “Finally. Safe.” That was enough for now. It would have to be.

~Helena~

                “Hey, Breeze,” I said softly to the frightened girl in front of me.

                “Helena,” she whispered, her face becoming slightly confused. “I…I know you?”

                I smiled in relief. She remembered my name, so it was possible she knew who I was. “Yes, I am your sister.”

                I saw relief go into her as well.