Chapter -2-

And then we moved to New York. I couldn't live in a house full of happy memories of my father and Hannah so we moved to a new house, new school, mom got a new job that barely paid the bills and I always try to convence her to me getting a job, but she wanted me to focus on school and what not.

I was walking in that park I always walk in, my head filled with thoughts, I was walking aimlessly untill i bumped into someone, he was tall really tall, he was creepy really creepy.

"Sorry,sir"

"No problem, kid"

I began walking again,untill he held my forearm really tight..

"Wait, are you david's daughter?!"

I looked at him with confusion. Who is this man? And how does he know my father? "Umm..Y-yes! May I ask who are you?"

"I'm Mark, his old friend. We lost connection when I moved out long ago, mind if I give you my number,and tell him to call me as soon as possible?!"

"I'm sorry, I really can't"

"And why is that?!"

"He died two years ago" I fought back the tears.

"Then I'll tell you what I want from him" he said. "But first, I didn't catch your name."

"Samantha."

"Samantha.." he whispered. "Okay, Samantha! your dad owed me money"

"Oh, Okay I'll pay you back, how much?" I put my hand in my pocket, I had some money with me.

"10,000 dollars."

"Ten what?!"

"You heard me samantha!"

"Um I don't have that much"

"That's okay! here's my number, call me whenever you have them!" He handed me the paper with his number on it.

"I'll tell mom." I have no idea what I should do, We don't have that money to give him.

A couple of hours passed by and i got back home to find my mom watching TV with a cup of tea in her hand...

"Hi mom"

"Hey! Where were you?"

"I was on my daily walk, and I met someone."

"And who might that be?"

"His name is Mark, he told me he was dad's friend, you know him?!" I looked at her, her eyes widned slightly.

"What does he look like?!" why is she acting so scared!??

"He was tall, like really tall, Uh black hair,brown eyes .. that's all I can remember"

She droped the cup on the floor,It shattered to a million pieces, she looked so terrified!

"Mom-"she cut me off,

"What did he tell you?!"

"He told me that dad owed him money, And he wants them back." Now I was scared. what is happening?

"How much?"

"10,000 dollars."

"He did it again!" Now she was talking to herself which creeped me out.

"Who did what again? Mom you're scaring me"

"Sam,sit down, I'll tell you." I sat next to her, scared of what was coming next.

"After you turned 6 months,you're dad started gambling, he was winnig at first, but then he started losing, I told him to stop, I told him to stop for you-for us .. and he did. He told me he never gampled after that." I whiped the tears off my cheeks at my dads memory, and so did mom.