2 3

Aaliyah POV

I went running into the baby room to see what had just happened. I couldn't believe what I was looking at. Beno was laying on the carpet with blood coming from his head. He was dead.

"Messiah. Why would you do that inside of the baby room?" That's exactly what I whispered in his ear and told him not to do.

"I'm sorry. We can pick another room for the baby to be in. Or we can just put the crib in our room, it's big enough. I'd rather have it in there anyway." He responded, I could tell he was hurt behind what he just had to do. Beno was his closest friend, they did everything together.

"Are you okay? What do you need me to do?" I asked him, taking a couple steps towards him before he put his arm out, motioning me to stop walking.

"Baby just go relax, i'll call somebody to come clean this up. I'll get a new carpet installed at some point this week. Don't worry about it."

"Okay. But are you okay?" He didn't answer that part the first time.

"That was my boy man. We was out here making major moves together, then he folded on me out of jealousy. I don't know who to trust anymore. At this point, everyone I roll with is a suspect in my eyes." He had this cold look on his face, I have a feelings the streets are about to get real hot.

"You know you can trust me baby. I would never do anything to intentionally hurt you. I want the best for you and our family. Maybe it's time to start considering leaving the game anyway. I mean, with us about to have our own family soon. And it's not like we don't have enough money saved up, we have plenty. I hate the feeling of not knowing if today is going to be the last time I see you. I don't know what I would do if I lost you Messiah. Just how you just shot him, he could've shot you just as fast. I'm not telling you that you need to just drop everything cold turkey right here right now, but I do think you should consider it." And with that being said, I left the room.

A few hours went by, I was almost asleep when I heard Messiah coming into our bedroom. He looked like he just got into a fight. And lost.

"Messiah why you got blood all over your shirt? Come here let me clean you up." I said while pulling him into the bathroom.

"It's not my blood. I just took care of Beno myself. Can't trust the crew anymore. I might just have to tear down what i've built with Beno, and rebuild it with someone else. Probably just going to run the streets by myself." He responded, without showing any emotion.

"So you're not even going to try working towards leaving the game? Wow." I turned from him and left the bathroom. I don't think i'm asking for too much. But if he's not even willing to compromise with me, it was going to be a problem.

"Aaliyah I can't. After I retaliate on the guy who took you, it's never going to end. They're going to keep coming back, it's going to be a constant war until one of us is the last man standing. And i'll be damned if I get my life took."

"I'm not saying forget it happened and let's move out of the country right now. All I want you to do it's consider making an effort. Baby steps. I'm trying to make this work. It's not just about you anymore. It's not even about me anymore. We have another life we have to think about going into any and every situation. Don't you think they'll come after our baby once I have it? Imagine that pain. It's a pain i'm not finna sit around and have to deal with just because you want to be selfish." I hated arguing with him. Half of the time I backed down and let him win because I hated the yelling and going back and forth. But I wasn't letting this go. Not until he at least tells me he'll think about it.

"Man Aaliyah, I don't want to argue with you. I just want to lay down and go to sleep." He says back to me.

I stop listening to his ugly ass already. Nothing he was saying was in any way relevant to what I was saying.