6

"I can't believe you just did that." Then suddenly Messiah phone started to ring, he stepped outside. When he came back in, he was laying the money for their food on the table telling Aaliyah that they had to go.

"Why is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything is fine. They just had an opening at the doctors, and it's ours if we get there in 15 minutes." Messiah replied.

They rushed out to the car, got in, and took off.

"I'm scared."

He grabbed her hand, "Everything is going to be okay, I promise."

It was about 9 p.m., and a doctor was handing Aaliyah a pee cup. What better night to get engaged on right?

"Umm what is the pee for?" she asked the nurse.

"Pregnancy test." The nurse said strictly.

Aaliyah looked over at Messiah. "I don't have to pee."

"It's alright A; I'll be waiting right out here for you, it's okay." He could tell she was just nervous. Once she peed into the cup, she waited for 15 minutes alongside Messiah who was just as worried as her.

"What if you're pregnant?" he asked.

"You wore protection. I shouldn't be."

"Just because I strapped up doesn't mean you can't get pregnant. Look at what's been happening, Aaliyah. You've been running to the bathroom every morning. Pretty sure I saw you eating peanut butter and spinach, those are signs."

"Okay say I was; would you want to keep it?"

"Of course, we'd be amazing parents Aaliyah."

"You'll have to give up the game Messiah."

"I'll give up anything for you and mine, no questions asked." Messiah kissed Aaliyah on her forehead.

The doctor walked in with some papers in his hand.

"Well, I've got good news."

"What is it?" Aaliyah said.

"Well Aaliyah, you're six weeks pregnant. Do you think you're going to keep it? I'm welcome to explore the other options with you."

"Man, you looking at just her like I'm not even sitting beside her, fuck is you saying?" Messiah stood up in front of the doctor.

"I didn't mean it disrespectfully, I was just speaking to Ms. Burman because it's her baby, so she's the one I need to ask if she's interested in keeping the baby." The doctor replied nervously.

Aaliyah stood up next to Messiah and held his hand. "It's our baby, and we're keeping it."

"Okay, then I have some vitamins and medications here for you to ensure that you have a very healthy pregnancy."

"Thank you, is there any way you can give them to me now, I'm kind of in a hurry to get home."

"Sure thing, here you go." The doctor handed Aaliyah the medicines and her and Messiah left out of the doctor's office.

"You're such a hot head; you can't fight everybody," Aaliyah told Messiah.

"Says who?" he responded while starting the car.

"Says me."

"Girl ill fight you, you only 5 feet. You weigh 134 pounds. I'll toss you."

"Do it, big-headed punk."

"Baby girl, I don't want to hurt you."

"Speaking of, I hope it's a girl." Aaliyah touches her belly.

"I want a son. He can protect his mommy when I'm not there."

Aaliyah leans over and kisses Messiah, "Come on let's go, I'm hungry."

"You just ate."

"Don't start with me, Messiah."