5

They got the ring store, and Messiah pulled the manager to the side while Aaliyah was looking around.

"She doesn't know she's picking out an engagement ring; I told her I'm shopping for my mother."

"Okay, we can work with that." Replied the manager.

Messiah and the manager walked back over to Aaliyah.

"See anything you like so far?" asked Messiah.

"Yeah, I liked this one." She pointed to one of the rings in the glass display case.

"That one is 50 thousand, diamond band, very high-end ring." The manager looks over at Messiah.

"If she likes it lets get it. Are you sure that's the one you like?"

"Yeah, your mom will fall in love with it, guaranteed," Aaliyah says to Messiah.

He pulled out his debit card and gave it to the manager, "We'll take that one please." The manager placed the ring in a box and handed it to Messiah, he put it in his pocket, got his card, and started to walk out of the store.

"Wait, sir, you forgot the free cleaning supplies that come with the ring!" The manager called out to him.

Messiah walked back over to the counter and picked up the bag of stuff.

Aaliyah was standing outside of the store waiting for him.

"You ready?" He asked while walking to the passenger side of the car, ready to open the door for her.

"Yeah let's go."

10 minutes later, they pull up to the most famous restaurant in Atlanta.

"This is where we're eating?" Aaliyah asked.

"Yeah come on."

"Messiah one steak costs like 200$ here, we don't have to do this."

"Just come on." He replied while taking off his seat belt.

Once they got inside, someone took their coats and checked them in by reservation. They were seated and started to look at the menu.

"Messiah what's wrong." She noticed him checking his phone over and over again.

"Somebody wanted me to make a few drops, but I said no. I'm doing something much better tonight." They looked at each other and smiled.

Once they were almost done eating, Messiah got up and walked over the stage that was in front of the entire room.

"What are you doing?" Aaliyah asked.

"I'll be right back." Messiah picked up the microphone.

"Hey everyone, I'm Messiah. I just wanted to do this in front of everyone; I won't be long. I'm here with my girlfriend of 3 years. Aaliyah, can you come here?"

Aaliyah got up and walked over to the stage and looked up at her boyfriend. He got down on one knee and grabbed her hand. Aaliyah started to cry.

Messiah wiped away her tear. "Don't cry beautiful. It's okay. You've always put up with me, even when you got tired of me. You've given up so much for me, you've given me all of you so faithfully. I just appreciate you so much. You've never given up on me, no matter what it was."

Messiah started to cry; he couldn't control his emotions when it came to her. Aaliyah then wiped away his tears and kissed him on the cheek.

"You're my everything Aaliyah; I don't know where I'd be without you baby girl. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, have a whole bunch of nappy headed kids with you, just grow old with you. So Aaliyah, will you be my forever and marry me?"

"Yes! You know I will." Messiah put the ring on her finger and kissed her.

"You told me that was for your mom." They both laughed and went back to their seats while the other people in the restaurant clapped and congratulated them.

In the back of their heads, they both knew it wouldn't be easy, but they couldn't stand the thought of not being with each other.