1 7

A couple weeks had gone by since Aaliyah last saw Messiah or Zenen. She had been texting both of them off and on. Messiah was planning on coming over to the hotel today and get Aaliyah, try to atleast.

It was about 6 in the morning when Aaliyah's phone started ringing back to back to back. All of the calls were from Messiah.

"Hello!" Aaliyah answered the phone with attitude.

"Baby, I-I-I miss you so m-much." Messiah managed to say into the phone, but was heavily slurring. Aaliyah could tell he was beyond drunk.

"Where are you, come over and go to sleep with me." Aaliyah just wanted to get him off the streets, she could hear his car running in the background.

"No, you don't want me anymore. And I can't live without you. I don't know what to do without you, I can't breathe without you Aaliyah." Messiah started crying into the phone. Aaliyah was getting scared, she didn't want him to do anything stupid.

"Baby I do want you, come over and see me. We can watch spongebob all day and night and pick baby names and stuff." Aaliyah said while getting up to get her computer. She was going to locate Messiah through an app she put on his phone when they first met.

Messiah laughed. "You know I hate spongebob." He said to her through his tears.

"i'm so sorry for everything i've done to you Aaliyah. I don't know how to do this, I don't know how to love, but you're showing me. I want nothing more but to give you and my child the best life y'all could ever have, but I messed up, and it's too late now isn't it?" Messiah said to Aaliyah.

"It's not too late, everyone makes mistakes, you live and you learn. You can't beat yourself up over a mistake that you've already been forgiven for making." Aaliyah responded. She saw on the computer that Messiah was outside of her hotel. She got up and walked out of her hotel room to do down to him.

"Forgiven? You forgive me?" Messiah said while still crying.

"I do, God does." Aaliyah walked up to Messiah's car when she got outside and knocked on the window. Messiah tried to hide the gun he had sitting in his lap before he opened the door, but Aaliyah saw it.

"Come inside with me." Aaliyah said to Messiah while he opened the door and got out of the car .

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." Messiah said while hysterically crying. She reached up and hugged him. She just stood there with him, comforting him, trying to calm him down. Eventually they went into the hotel and laid down together. Messiah fell asleep while laying on Aaliyah not even 5 minutes after they laid down. This was love. This was what Aaliyah signed up for, and she couldn't imagine doing this with anyone else other than Messiah.

The next morning Aaliyah woke up inside of Messiah's arms. He smelled heavily of alcohol. Aaliyah got up and shook his arm to try to wake him up.

"Messiah get up, go take a shower and get yourself together." Aaliyah said while shaking him.

He didn't move.

"Messiah." Aaliyah called out to him while shaking his body faster than she was before. He still wasn't waking up. She laid her head on his chest to see if she could hear his heart, or even feel the motions of his breaths. He was alive thankfully, but why wasn't he waking up?

Aaliyah ran to the other side of the bed to use the hotel phone, she didn't even know where her's was at.

"I need an ambulance." She said to the person on the phone.

"My boyfriend, my-my fiancé isn't waking up." She started crying as the words came out of her mouth.

Messiah suddenly got up and starting laughing. Aaliyah hung up the phone.

"Really?" She said while wiping away her tears. "Well when the ambulance comes, you're opening the door."

Messiah was always doing these pranks on her and she hated them more and more each time.

"You still need to go take a shower, smell like you been swimming in Hennessy." Aaliyah said to him while he was walking in the bathroom.

About 5 minutes later Messiah was in the shower and Aaliyah was standing by the sink brushing her teeth and washing her face. Messiah started talking to her from inside of the shower.

"Thank you." He said to her suddenly. She looked around confused, she wasn't sure what he was talking about.

"For what?" She said with suspicion.

"For everything. You didn't ask for any of this. You didn't ask to be pregnant, you didn't ask to be engaged, and you damn sure didn't ask to deal with me. But you do it willingly, and for that I appreciate you. Nothing you do goes unrecognized. Just how you're tearing up right now and i'm not even looking at you but I know you're doing it. And just how you walk on your tippy toes right before you're about to ask for something. And how you pick up the towels I always leave on the floor and the way my clothes smell like you after you fold them. I love that. But not as much as I love you Aaliyah. I love you more than life itself, and even though we're young and most people will say we don't even know that love is, I know that this is Love. This has to be love. Because I wake up and I instantly start to think about you. When i'm out shopping or buying food, I think about what you may want before I get what I want. Although i've done a lot of stupid things over the years, I promise to always put you and our child first. Even though you've already got a ring on your finger, and you've already told me yes once before, will you marry me Aaliyah?" Messiah opened the shower door so he could see her.

"You hurt me. I keep thinking of what I did to deserve that and nothing comes to mind. You hurt me without reason Messiah, you broke our trust without reason." She got up and walked out of the bathroom and went to sit on the bed . A few minutes later she heard the water turn off and Messiah walked into the room with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"I know I hurt you, but i'm asking you to forgive me. So what's up?" He asked as he got down on one knee if front of her.

She was so beautiful. So pure. I would do anything to keep her out of danger, but her biggest danger was me. And there I was, asking her to marry me, again.

"So what's up?" I grabbed her hand and got down on one knee, hoping that she'll say yes, although she had every reason in the world not to. She started crying, I wasn't sure if that was good or bad. I reached up and wiped the tear that fell from her eye, it was pointless cause more fell immediately after.

"You know I will." Aaliyah said to me. A feeling of relief fell over me, I took a deep breath while standing up. I rubbed her belly, letting my child know that this wasn't only a commitment to its mother, but to him or her as well.

"Thank you." I said to her. She'll never know how thankful for her that I am. God truly blessed me, and i'm going to try my best to make her happy.

"You hungry? You always are, what you want to eat?" I asked her while getting up and walking over to my pants.

"You don't have any clothes ." She told me scrunching up her face. I guess she thought I was just going on leave in my towel.

"You know I keep a bag of clothes in my car, can you go get it for me? I would go but i'm naked." I asked her while looking around for my keys.

"She left out of the hotel room like 5 minutes ago, I don't know what's taking her so long", he said to himself. He grabbed his phone and dialed her number .

"Hello?" A man answered the phone, immediately making my eyes widen.