4

They both laughed and went into the living room. Aaliyah picked up the remote and started scrolling through Netflix. Messiah took the remote and turned the T.V back off.

"I wanted to take you somewhere."

"Where?"

"I wanted to take you to a ring store. Get a woman's opinion on a ring for my mom."

"Aww, yeah let's go."

"I want you to get dressed up though. I was going to take you out after."

"Okay, give me an hour and a half. Go take a shower, you stink." Aaliyah said to him while laughing.

"That's that hot ass breath of yours you smelling girl."

They kissed each other, and both started getting ready. Once Aaliyah brushed out her hair and put on her makeup, she yelled into the bathroom to ask Messiah a question.

"Are we matching today?"

"Yeah, put on your 11s, and the red dress. Black purse, please." Messiah replied.

"What are you wearing?"

"Red pants, 11s, black button up shirt, black Gucci belt."

"Hurry up; you're still going to be ugly when you get done, so there's no point in taking forever."

Messiah laughed, "I've never been ugly, you on the other hand."

Aaliyah went into the bathroom and hugged Messiah from behind.

"I love you." Messiah turned around looked down to see Aaliyah crying. He picked her up and put her on the bathroom counter so he could look straight ahead into her eyes.

"I'm just so happy, after everything we've been through together, we've stayed by each other's sides through it all. I'm grateful for you Messiah."

He kissed her on the forehead and told her to get ready so that they won't be late.