1 2

The next morning, Aaliyah woke up Messiah because his phone was ringing.

"Hello?" Messiah said into the phone with a raspy voice. The other voice on the phone was yelling about something.

"Okay I'm about to cut it on." Messiah said and hung up the phone.

Messiah went into the living room and turned the television to channel 5 news.

There was a lady standing on the corner of Smith and 8th, Messiah already knew what she was talking about.

"This morning firefighters are still putting out a fire that was set last night, we have yet to find out what caused the fire at this nearby hair and nail salon. We will keep you updated as we're informed." The news lady said into her microphone.

Messiah turned off the television and went to go find Aaliyah. Aaliyah was on the floor in her closet.

"What are you doing?" Messiah asked her while laughing. She didn't answer.

"Aaliyah?" He walked over to her, she still wasn't answering him.

"Aaliyah!" He yelled to her while picking her up, she was still unresponsive. He picked her up and put her on their bed. He laid his head on her chest to hear her heartbeat. She was still breathing, but it was as if she was unconscious. Messiah ran to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the cabinet. At first he just dapped it on her face, but when that didn't work, he knew he had to do a little more. He kissed her and then poured the whole bottle down her face. Aaliyah woke up gasping.

"What the hell is wrong with you Aaliyah?" Messiah asked her when she waking up.

"I don't know. Let's go the doctors. Right now." Aaliyah got up and put on some sweat pants. Messiah did the same thing.

When they got to the hospital, Messiah parked the car while Aaliyah went inside the hospital. They had to wait almost an hour before a doctor would be available to see them.

While they were waiting, Aaliyah saw something weird on one of her pictures on Instagram. It was of her and Messiah, and one of the comments said, "If only she knew." She didn't want to address it right then so she decided to wait until she could go home.

A few minutes later, the doctor called for Aaliyah.

"So what seems to be the problem?" he asked her while putting on his gloves.

"Well I was in my closet looking for my clothes, and all of a sudden I just got really light headed, next thing I know, my boyfriend was pouring water on me." Aaliyah said while looking over at Messiah.

He was on his phone, smiling. Aaliyah started to get aggravated.

The doctor sensed her agitation and tried to change the subject. "Well uh, i'm not sure what's going on with you. I believe you're just stressed. You recently found out you were pregnant, that's enough to stress out any young woman of your age."

"So can I leave then?" Aaliyah asked while standing up.

The doctor handed Aaliyah a paper with a prescription on it and told her to have a nice day.

When they got back in the car, Aaliyah tried to not say anything, but she couldn't help herself.

"What were you doing on your phone? It must've been something good since you were smiling so hard." Aaliyah said while folding her arms across her chest.

"Man don't start with that jealous shit Aaliyah." Messiah snapped at her.

"Okay but answer the question, what were you doing?" Aaliyah reached for his phone.

Messiah swerved the car, elbowing Aaliyah in the mouth. She put her fingers up to her lip and saw blood.

"Let me out. Let me out now Messiah!" Aaliyah yelled while starting to cry.

Messiah pulled over and unlocked the doors, allowing her to get out.

Aaliyah grabbed her phone while reaching for the door handle. They weren't that far from the house, so she was fine with walking. Even if they were far, she wanted to get away from him.

About 15 minutes later, she arrived to their house. She saw his car in the drive way and rolled her eyes.

She walked into the house, and walked right passed him like he wasn't there, he followed behind her.

"Aaliyah." Messiah called out for her.

She kept walking down the hallway to her bedroom, ignoring him.

"Aaliyah!" he began to get angry. He grabbed her wrist and turned her so that they were face to face. "I know you hear me talking to you Aaliyah." Messiah said.

"Yeah so?" she said with attitude while trying to pull away, he was hurting her.