♕ Chapter 27

It's already chapter 27 :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This!" Jessica threw the newspaper onto the table as she took a seat opposite to Christina. "You said everything would work perfectly, Christina! That I'll get Seth in no time! But now what? Seth's confessed his love for her and millions of people knows about it!" she ranted, stomping the table. Everyone in the cafe was staring at her but she didn't care. 

"I've read it, Jessica. You don't have to bring the news to me," Christina pushed the newspaper away as she didn't want to see the picture. For her, it's disgusting. "And stop blaming me. You didn't help me at all. You only know how to whine and cry," she said, looking away.

"What?" Jessica's eyes widened. "I helped you a lot. I sacrificed my own dignity to give you that picture of me in Paris! Everyone in the world is calling me a slut, Christina. Do you know how it feels? And you could say that I only know how to whine and cry?"

Christina sighed. "Stop. This is not the time for us to fight. We need to think of something, Jessy. The people started to trust him again. Said that he's a loving man and caring," she said loathingly. Jessica ran her hands through her red hair. "I don't have any idea. We got nothing now," she sighed and was thinking hard.

Christina shook her head. "No. We still have Alex," she said and an evil smile curved on her lips. "We could use him. Rose's his best friend, right?" 

Jessica smirked. "More than that, I guess," she said, sneering at her. Christina raised an eyebrow as the waiter poured them a cup of coffee. "What do you mean?" she asked, eyeing her suspiciously. She raised her cup to her lips.

"Alex loves her," Jessica told her. Christina's eyes widened and she almost dropped her cup. "He what?" she asked as she wanted to know more. Alex never hides anything from her so she was surprised that Alex didn't tell her anything.

"You don't know?" Jessica smirked and took a sip of her coffee. She lowered her cup. "I knew he wouldn't tell you. The thing is, Alex is in love with her. He even helped me to separate Rose and Seth once," she told her.

Christina didn't say a thing as she was shocked to hear the news. "He never told me about it," she drawled after a few moments. Jessica nodded. "Maybe he's afraid that you might scold him or something," she explained. "What ever it is, you're right. We can use Alex," 

"Yes, we can. I'll think of something and this time, Seth and Rose wouldn't be lucky anymore," Christina said, looking straight into her eyes. She wouldn't stop until she got what she wants. Jessica stared at her and now, she didn't trust her plan fully. 

~~

 Seth held his arms over his chest as he watched Rose, sitting in the garden alone. She was  looking and moody and he wondered why. Rose looked fine and cheerful that morning. He was curious so he walked towards her. The night was dark and the gentle winds made him shiver. 

"Hi," he said and took a seat beside her on the bench. Rose turned her eyes at him and smiled weakly. "What's wrong? Why you're sitting alone here?" he asked concernly. Rose shook her head and rubbed her shoulders. "Nothing. I just need to be alone," she said in a low tone. 

"Without any jacket on?" Seth said sternly as he knew that she was cold. He put off his blue jacket and wrapped it around her. Rose shook her head. "Don't," she said but Seth ignored her. He winced himself closer to her. "I'm not letting you die in coldness, Rosie," he said.

Rose sighed and looked down. "Can you at least tell me what's wrong? You're freaking me out," Seth asked again, pleading. She refrained herself from crying and tried her best not to look at his eyes. "I'm okay," she said slowly.