♕ Chapter 20

"Princess!" Alexa and Daphne squealed as Rose walked into the castle. She sped up towards them and they hugged. "I miss you guys!" she said as she let go of them. Seth shook his head and shrugged. "You left the castle just for one night," he blurted.

"Didn't you miss Mr Jameson while you were at my house?" Rose asked skeptically, narrowing her eyes at him. Seth flickered his eyes to Mr Jameson who was standing beside him, he was smiling. "I'm tired. I need to sleep," Seth changed the subject as he didn't know what to say. 

"Do you miss me?" a sudden voice came from behind them. Rose turned herself to face the owner of the voice - it was Alex's. He motioned closer towards them and smiled at her. "Hey," he greeted. Rose raised an eyebrow as she was suprise to see him. "Alex? What are you doing here?" she asked and smiled back.

"I came to talk to you yesterday but they told me you were at your parents house," he said as Seth glared at him. He didn't seem happy to see his own cousin. "So, I thought of coming here when you get back," Alex continued and placed his hand on Seth's shoulder. "How was the trip?" he asked him.

"Stupid mosquitos, been pushed until I fell off from the bed, interesting sub sandwich and played a dumb game," Seth made a conclusion, sarcasm hitting every sylable of words. "I'm thankful that I'm still alive," he said, glancing at Rose. Alex chuckled even though inside, he was jealous of him.

"Sounds fun," Alex smiled.

"Fun?" Rose mouth fell open. "Seth's the worst roommate ever!"

Alex's expression changed. "You two share a bedroom?" he asked as he failed to hide his jealousy and curiousity. Before Rose could even explain to him, Seth had answered the question for her. "Yeah. We even share a bed," he smiled and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Didn't we, sweetheart?"

"No!" Rose denied, raising her voice. She moved his arm from her shoulders. "I mean, we did but nothing happened!" she added. Seth shook his head, smiling. "Are you sure?" he asked playfully, winking his eye. Rose was silent for a moment as she recalled the fact that she slept on him. "That was an accident!" she shouted and her face blushed.

"Accident?" Alex asked and even more bewildered. He was praying that nothing really happened as he couldn't accept it. "Guys, I'm confused," he said, waving a hand. Rose turned her eyes to him. "No, really, it was joke. He was trying to be funny," she lied. Seth laughed. "I can't believe that you're denying everything," he said. "It was obvious that you-"

"You said you're tired so you need sleep!" Rose cut him from continuing his words and took his arm. "Seth is tired so that's why he's talking like a monkey. I'll talk to you tomorrow at school, Alex. Bye!" she babbled and pulled him into the castle. 

"Okay. Bye," Alex said shortly as he watched Rose pulling Seth into the building, heading towards their bedroom. He is dissapointed as he was here to talk to her. He missed everything about her so badly - her laugh, her smile and her sense of humor. His mind was racing fast, trying to figure out  what Seth and Rose was talking about. Is it true that something happened? He made his way to the car and his heart was broken into pieces.

"See, you were too attracted to me," Seth bragged and looking down at Rose's hand that was still holding his arm. "Now, you are holding my arm and doesn't want to let go of it," he smiled. Rose flickered her eyes to her hand and realised that she was still holding him.

"Eww, that's gross!" she immediately pulled her hand from his arm. "Why're you telling Alex about what happened?" Rose demanded.

"Why not?" Seth asked before he let out a fake chuckle. "Oh, you're afraid that he'll be less interested to you if I tell him what happened?" he clasped his hands together. Rose gave a numb expression at him. "What are you talking about? Alex's just a friend," she explained.