♕ Chapter 12

Alex pushed the door open and made his way into the flower shop. He motioned towards the counter to get some help. He smiled at the girl. "Excuse me, can you help me to choose some flowers? I need something welcoming," he asked for help. The girl nodded. "Sure," she smiled before walking away from there to choose something for him. Alex waited in front of the counter before he felt his shoulder is tapped. 

           "Alex?" A girl smiled and was standing behind him. "Its me, Jessica. Remember?" Alex nodded and smiled. "Yeah. You're Seth's friend," he said, sounded a little peachy as he remembered that she did cause Rose to cry. "What are you doing here?" He asked kindly, pretending like he knew nothing about her.

        Jessica chuckled. "Just getting some flowers for my teacher. She's moving away," she explained and showed him a bouquet of roses. "How about you?" She asked back. Alex nodded. "Oh, I'm getting something for my mother. She's coming back today," he answered. "I asked the girl for some help as I know nothing about flowers," he pointed at the girl who was busy picking some flowers for him. 

        "Boys," Jessica shook her head and Alex let out a small laugh. The girl finally came back with a bouquet of white lilies. She wrapped it using a transparent glittery plastic. "Hey, if you don't mind, can you put a purple ribbon on top of it?" He said. The girl nodded and stuck a purple ribbon on the bouquet. 

         "You look like you're close to your mother. She's lucky," Jessica said, praising him. "Yeah. Maybe because I'm her only boy," Alex joked. The bouquet was ready and Alex paid for it. He took it into his hand. "I'm leaving now. Nice to meet you," he farewell. Jessica grinned. "Likewise," she said. Alex made his way out from the shop and headed off to the airport. He couldn’t wait to see his mother.

            Alex parked his car and walked excitedly into the airport with a bouquet of lilies in his hand. She would love these. He waited for her arrival with hope. A few minutes later, an elegant woman with long blond hair, fair skin and wearing a deep blue coat and black shades made her way out from the terminal. Princess Christina was walking gracefully when Alex waved excitedly at her. "Mom!" He called.

          She put off her shades and saw her son, happy as always, and so, she waved back. She hurried towards him and gave him a big hug. "I've missed you!" She chirped, hugging him tightly. Alex smiled and hugged her back. "Me too, mom," he said. They then let go of each other. Christina cupped his face. "How's life?" She asked smiling.

          "Fruitful," Alex joked. If only he could tell his mother that he had been so happy these few days. Thanks to Rose, the one that brought joy into his life. But he knew that his mother wouldn't like it. He passed the bouquet to her. Christina took it and smelt it. "Aww, you're so sweet, honey. Thank you. I love it!" She said in awe. Alex wrapped his arm around her. "Lets find something to eat. I'll show you around," he said, gesturing her to the exit door.

       Alex brought his mother lunch in a hotel. He ordered a steak with salad dressing for himself while his mother got herself a chicken noodle. "Anddora has changed a lot, don't you think?" Christina started. "Cleaner and more beautiful," she sipped her orange juice. Alex nodded. "Yeah. Pretty impressive," he said.

          Christina drew a long breath. "We've been gone for too long. 14 years," she said, full of disappointment and sadness. Alex didn't look at her and focussed on eating. He hated it when his mother started to remind them of their past. She took his hand and squeezed it. "We're back now. That's the most important thing. I'm going to take everything that was ours, Alex."

         "Mom, we talked about this..." Alex put down his fork. He squeezed her hand. "Forget about it. We're doing fine without all that." Christina smirked. "Fine?" She said sarcastically. "We've suffered for too long. I promise you, Alex, that I would do everything that I could, to get back what was yours. You're the real Crown Prince."