♕ Chapter 6

"Congratulations, Prince Seth. I'm proud of you!" Princess Meredith cheered as she hugged her grandson. Seth grinned. "Thank you, grandma," he said kindly and Rose smiled. She had never actually had seen Seth be kind to someone. 

          It looked like he and Princess Meredith were quite close. Meredith then gave Rose a warm smile. "You looked different today, Princess Rose, very beautiful," she mused. Rose chuckled and felt slightly awkward when she called her princess; her new title. "Thank you, my lady," she thanked and bowed down. 

            "Call me grandma. You are my granddaughter now,” Meredith instructed and held her shoulder. Rose looked down and nodded. Alex then showed up from behind them, holding two glasses containing wine. "Seth, congratulations, buddy," he congratulated Seth and handed him a glass.

             Seth took it from his hand. "Thanks, Alex," he smiled. Alex raised his glass. "To Prince Seth and Rose," he cheered and the whole Hall raised their glasses and drank it. Jace just smiled, but Rose could tell that he wasn't feeling like celebrating this marriage; so did Rose. 

              Rose raised a hand. "Can I ask a question?" She said awkwardly. Meredith nodded and waited. "Err-so we're married. Does this mean that I have to-" she tried to search for the right word. "have to share a room with him?" she blurted shyly and looked up at Seth.

           He shook his head; embarrassed. Meredith let out a small laugh. "Sweetheart, don't you worry. We understood that you are still young so we've decided that both of you should sleep in different rooms. Until the time comes," she explained, and Rose was relieved. 

          Seth leaned down to her ear. "Thank God," he whispered and smiled. Rose was annoyed and elbowed his waist. "Ouch," Seth moaned.

         Meredith laughed. "You make a cute couple. The late King knew what he was planning," she said in awe, sounded a little sad the moment she mentioned about her late husband. Alex nodded in agreement. 

     "Cute couple? Yeah, right," Seth snorted slowly. He glimpsed at his new wife and had to admit she was very beautiful; almost the same as how she looked on their engagement day. 

             The orchestra started to play a slow music. Meredith listened to it. "Why don't you take your bride for a dance, Seth," she suggested. Rose gulped as she had never danced with anyone before. She always danced alone in ballet. 

         Seth hesitated for a second before taking her hand and gesturing her to the centre of the hall. Rose shuffled her feet nervously, her palms sweating. Seth took both her hands into his, and led them over his hips, just above his buttocks. 

             "You're a ballerina Rose. Why'd you look so scared?" He asked, weirdly, as he realised that she was freaking out. He pulled himself closer towards her ,and placed his hand on her back. They danced. "If you noticed, a ballerina danced all by herself, Seth," she mimicked as they were moving slowly, organically, to the music. 

         Seth nodded as he swayed from side to side. "That explains it. What ever it is, you're not the worst dancer in the world," he praised playfully. "Thank you," Rose said mischievously. 

            "Why'd you agree? On this marriage?" Rose asked curiously. She had wanted to ask the question ever since they first meet. 

               Seth sighed and looked away. "I thought you knew. That it was my grandfather last wish," he answered. "And?" Rose demanded as she felt that he was hiding something.

             Seth turned his eyes to her and their gaze met. "Just that," he assured. The orchestra stopped playing the music and King Edward motioned to the front hall. Everyone went silent instantly.