♕ Chapter 25

Is he worthy of the throne?

Seth read the headline calmly and he knew immediately that it wasn't a good a news for him. But that was just the headline, the pictures below it was even worst. "Do you realize how immature is your action, Seth? Now, the people are doubting you! I can't believe that you would do this to us," Queen Carla raved at him. He ignored her words and stared at the pictures.

The only thing that he could think of was Rose. He couldn't imagine how she'll react and how disappointed will she be. "Do you hear me? Seth, I'm talking to you!" Carla lost her patience as her son didn't say anything. Seth closed his eyes and closed the newspaper. "I heard you, Mother," he said.

"Is that all you could say?" she said, raising her tone and her eyes widened. "Yes," Seth replied in a calm tone and he gave the newspaper back to her. Queen Carla looked down and her eyes started to fill in with water. "Why'd you do this? I'm very disappointed of you. What am I suppose to explain to your father?" she cried. 

"Just say that it's really me," he said. "Then what? Your father will get a heart attack and you'll be happy? Seth, you think this is not serious? A picture of you kissing another girl is all over the news! The whole world is talking about it!" Queen Carla said and threw the newspaper away. Every piece of it scattered on the floor.

"I have nothing to say," Seth looked into his mother's eyes. "I'm sorry, Mother," he said truthfully. Carla sighed and put her hand to her chest, trying to calm down. "How are you going to tell Princess Rose about this?" she asked. Seth didn't say anything as he was thinking the same thing too. He realized that she would find out about it soon enough. Their relationship was just getting better but then this thing happened. Seth regretted everything deeply.

"I'll tell her myself," Seth made a decision. "This is my problem so I will settle it," he squeezed his forehead. "You know who did this?" he asked. Carla didn't know whether she should tell him or not. She had suspected Princess Christina did this as she knew she was trying to get Alex the throne. "I'm not sure," Carla said. "You know this girl in the picture? Who is it?" 

"A friend," Seth replied shortly. He thought it's better if Carla didn't know who Jessica was to him or things would get worse. Carla sighed and she actually knew that Seth wouldn't tell her who is the girl. His son never did tell her anything about his life. "I'm going to see your father. Wait for us in the common room. You have a lot to explain, Prince," she warned before she stormed out of his bedroom. 

As Queen Carla shut the door close, Seth slammed himself onto the bed and his head was spinning around. He couldn't believe how stupid he was at that time. If only he didn't walk with Jessica that day, all this wouldn't happen. The newspaper was still scattered on the floor and he didn't even bother to pick it up. His mind had stopped working as Seth was trying hard to think of something.

His fist clenched as soon as he remembered about Jessica. It must be her who did this. He never thought that she would send the pictures to the press. His bedroom door was opened and Rose crept into his bedroom. 

"Are you okay? Is your mother angry at me? Oh my god, if I knew that she's coming, I won't even bother to come here. I'm sorry," she rambled and took a seat beside him. Seth shook his head. "No, it's not about that. She came to talk to me about something else," he said in a low tone. 

Rose looked down and sighed before she realized that a newspaper scattered on the floor. "What happen? She threw the news?" she asked and moved herself down to the floor. She started to collect all the papers. "Don't," Seth stopped her from tidying his bedroom as he was afraid that she might find the article. He crouched next to her. "The maid will clean up this mess," he said. Seth was not ready to lose her yet.