♕ Chapter 8

Jessica's picture on the right :) -------->

  After he was dressed, Seth tip toed out from his bedroom and shut the door behind him. No sign of Rose. Thank God. She was the last person he wanted to se that morning. After what happened yesterday, he decided to leave for school without her. But then, as he took a step out from the building, someone surprised him from behind.

          "I'm Freddy Krueger!" Rose showed up from behind him. Seth startled and his heart skipped a beat. He was still scared after he watched that movie yesterday. "Can you stop doing that?" Seth ranted. Now, his plan to leave her behind was destroyed. Rose was standing behind him, in a purple floral dress.

          Rose laughed hard. "Its just me. Relax pal," she joked. She also couldn't sleep yesterday. Not because she was scared, but because she just couldn't stop laughing. Every time she tried to close her eyes, Seth's pale and scared face would wander around her mind. 

          "Its not funny," Seth said seriously. He sighed. "You're early today?" He asked, slightly disappointed. Now, he had to go to school with her. 

      "Couldn't sleep. Kept thinking about your scared and pale face!" She sneered and laughed. Seth smirked. "You're lying. I know you couldn’t sleep because you were scared," he mimicked. "Called mommy yesterday?"

        Rose frowned. "Whatever. I told you, that movie was not scary at all. I mean, look at that guy. For me, he's cute," she admitted. She sneered at him. "Well, much cuter than you," she smiled and nodded her head.

             Seth shrugged. Did she just compare him with Freddy Krueger? Crazy girl. "Whatever, simpleton. Let's get going. I hate to be late," he said, and went out from the building. Rose followed from behind and kept on bumping into him. This time, Seth didn't even bother to fight back as he was afraid that she might be wild again.

~~          

         "OH MY GOD!" Rose mouth fell open when she looked outside the limo window. Hundreds of students were welcoming them to school. Well, most of them were, but some, just simply weren’t. A group of girls, which Rose recognised, from the cheerleading team, were holding an 'Anti-Rose' banner. They kept on chanting, asking Rose to leave Prince Seth.

          "You should have expected this," Seth said, his eyes were on the newspaper, and like always, he had his Ipod on. Didn't he have anything else to do? Lifeless guy. Rose gulped. "How could you say that? They want to kill me!" She croaked and looked back again at the window. "Rose Humphrey, give back our prince!" They chanted.

      "Then, I'll be glad to help them," Seth smirked, his blue eyes were still on the news. Rose stuck out her tongue. "You're a mean guy, Seth Larston," she blurted. Seth lowered his newspaper down and turned his eyes toward her. "Thank you. You're sweet," he said mischievously. The button next to him beeped. "We are ready to go, Prince Seth," a man’s voice commanded.

        Seth put down his newspaper. "You ready?" He asked and tidied his black necktie. "Remember, stay close to me if you still wanna live," he warned, pointing a finger right at her nose. "Then, we'll part. Understand?"

        Rose nodded. The limo door was finally open, and the screams of the wild students could be heard clearly now. More than ten bodyguards were trying their best to block the students from getting in their way. Seth got out first then Rose.

          Surprisingly, Seth took her hand into his and used his other hand to cover his face. Rose, who was shocked as she saw them, already covered her face using her hand and looked down. They charged to the school building, fast. Rose's heart crushed when she heard people mocking her and none were mocking Seth.