♕ Chapter 30

He stared at himself in the mirror as he felt uncomfortable in the Crown Prince's suit which Seth had worn for a long time. He didn't feel right and he wasn't sure whether he had made the right decision. There were so many things that wandered around his mind and mostly was Rose. She'll leave for London tomorrow and it was painful when he remembered the fact. 

Surprisingly, Rose told him that Seth will not be following her to London even though he was no longer the Crown Prince. She wanted Seth to continue his studies here and reach for his dream to become a director. Alex hated to admit it but he was impressed by the way Seth and Rose had sacrificed themselves for the happiness of their loved ones. 

He tried to hold himself together as he took a deep breath. It was his coronation day as the new Crown Prince of Andorra. He and his mother moved into the castle two days ago, a day after King Edward had revoked the title from Seth. His bedroom door knocked. "Enter," Alex said in a calm tone. 

Princess Christina walked into his chamber and she looked fabulous in her turquoise dress. Alex sighed as the last person he wanted to meet is his own mother. Christina put her hands on his shoulder as she observed him up and down in the mirror. "You look so handsome today. Just like your father, Alex," she said, proud of her own son that was wearing a Crown Prince suit. 

"I don't feel right, mum," he admitted, his eyes are still on the mirror. Christina frowned. "What do you mean? This is what you were meant to do, Alex. Your father would be so proud of you," she convinced him, stroking his shoulder. "You'll be a great King,"

"What if I don't want to be a king?" he confessed, turning himself to face his mother. He looked into her eyes. "It's not me. I want to be something more than this. I don't even know if I can be a good leader to the people. This is so wrong," he shook his head. 

"Alex! What are you talking about?" Christina said, raising her tone. She thought Alex was already convinced by her words. "Remember that you promised that you'll help me to get back our pride? Remember how you vowed to help me regain the throne for you?" she reminded him everything that he said when he was a child.

Alex sighed. "That was when I was seven. I didn't know which is right and which is wrong. Now, I'm old enough to make my own decision,"  he ranted.

"Whatever happens, you'll be the official Crown Prince of Andorra today," she said, wearing a determined expression as she wouldn't change her mind. "No matter what, Alex. Or you'll pay for it," she warned, pointing a finger at his face. 

Alex shrugged. "I need to talk to Uncle Edward," he said, pushing his mother slowly out of his way. He wanted to explain everything to King Edward about his mother's plans. He didn't care what his mother would do to him. Seth were with Rose so he was sure that she'll be safe with him. Christina gripped his arm. "Don't you dare do this to me!" she said, looking sharply into his eyes. "You promised me,"

"I'm sorry, mum," Alex said and he shoved her hand away from him. He stormed out of his chamber and headed for his uncle's office room. He'd never been so sure in making a decision as this. He knew that this was something he was supposed to do from the start. Madam Hartford bowed down when he bumped into her. "Prince Alex, the coronation will begin in half an hour," she told him. 

Alex nodded. "I know. Where's King Edward?" he asked instantly, with hope that he was in his office room. "I think he's in his office," Madam Hartford said. "He was there the last time I've seen him. About an hour ago, Sire,"

"Thank you," he said before he walked away from there. He then remembered that he needed to ask something more. "Wait, Madam," he called to her as he turned himself to face her. "Where's Rose?" he asked, slightly worried that she might be alone. He was praying that Madam Hartford will say that she's with Seth.