The Butch Lesbian

"So..." I stopped in the middle of my tracks.

"So?" She smirked, running her nimble fingers through my now turquoise hair.

So much had happened over the past week.

***MONDAY***

"Are you really sure about this?" I glanced over at Aidan, who had already finished two scoops of his towering pile of ice-cream.

"I swear, Kacii—you can't officially die happy unless you've eaten a tall stack of ice cream at least once."

"That's what you think though..." I stared up at the ravishing masterpiece, not daring at all to even lick a bit off the slimy, dripping ice cream scoops. "Where did you get this ice cream from again?"

"Some sketchy place downtown."

I sighed. "Ah, whatever. I have nothing better to do with my life anyways." Licking off only a bit of the first scoop, I instantly got hooked into eating more and more until my stomach started to flip flop.

***TUESDAY***

I woke up with Elle this morning and almost overslept until noon. Just after I got out of bed, Elle was already up and ready to take on the day.

"How do you just so happen to manage to stay woke?" I laughed, still yawning.

"How about—I have a cute girlfriend who's supposed to get the surprise of a lifetime in a couple of hours?"

"You mean Alena?" I jested.

"Nope. This is going to be one special day, baby."

We hopped into her car and though I was blindfolded, I already had suspicions to where we were heading. Some ideas poked around in my head, but I was incredibly shocked to find myself in front of a barber shop once the blindfold was off.

"What?" I tersely said, confused about everything that was going on.

Elle dragged me in, not giving a shit, and sat me down in front of a barber she seemed to know well. "Julie! Long time no see!"

"Yeah, who's this lovely lady here?" She started to make me chuckle.

"My girlfriend," Elle grumbled, as if she were trying to tell Julie to knock it off.

"Oh, okay." Julie looked away, annoyed, but still continued to shuffle through some boxes of hair dye.

"Wait. Hold up. Are you forcing me to dye my hair today?" I asked, shocked yet somewhat excited.

"Maybe."

"My parents are going to kill me."

"But don't you want this to be a summer to remember?"

I sighed. After minutes of thoughtful contemplation, I finally gave in. "Fine. What color was in mind?"

"That, my lady, is a choice you will have to make."

"How about...blue—turquoise blue—to match the sunny skies in California?"

A smiled casually outlined her lips. "It's perfect."

***WEDNESDAY***

I couldn't believe it anymore. This was going to be the last time I would ever enter Fondoli Bar ever again. Tragic. I made my way through the rainbow crowd for what had seemed like the thousandth time, only to see Dave and Morgan behind the table working harder than ever.

Dave was first to greet me. "Kacii! Came right in time."

"Hi, again!" Morgan grinned, waving over at me.