The Boyfriend

***AIDAN'S CONDO, 8 AM***

I straightened up my shirt. It was fairly wrinkled from just coming out of the washing machine yesterday. Just then, I started to head downstairs to cook breakfast for Aidan and me. Usually, I'd be the first one up and then at around 9 Aidan would eventually come out of his room. Surprisingly, he beat me to it this morning.

"Morning." He leaned over, bending down to take a look at what we had in the refrigerator.

"You're up fairly early," I commented, pouring out two glasses of milk.

"Um, yeah." He twiddled with his cotton v-neck shirt.

"Hate to break it to you, but you're acting sus again." I handed one glass to him, which he already had finished chugging before replying.

"No!" he laughed.

"So, what's up?"

"Nothing in particular." He smirked in an annoying way.

"Wait it couldn't have been..."

Just as I consider the worst possibility possible, Aidan decides to change the topic.

"So, what are you gonna cook?"

"I don't know. Probably an omelet."

"Oh, okay."

Right before I turn on the stove, I dash for his bedroom.

"Hey!" Aidan called after me. He had nothing better to do then try to chase me down, but he was no competition for me. I was already inches away from his bedroom.

The first thing I saw when I opened the door was a half-naked man who was only wearing a pair of ripped jeans. His blond hair looked as if it were tossed all over the place, his eyes were a mischievous deep blue shade, and he possessed a Greek nose.

"Who are you?" I asked all of a sudden.

"Hi, I'm Devin."

"Wait. Devin Lopez, as in my brother's boyfriend?"

"Yeah."

I was too stupefied to even think about being polite at the moment. "But I thought you were Hispanic!" I whined.

He chortled. "I am, just half Irish too."

"Wow. Certainly lots of mixed children here."

A voice suddenly filled the air from behind me. "Kacii, what are you doing? And Devin, put a damn shirt on!"

I didn't even have to turn around to recognize the voice.

"Hey, babe." Devin walked over to his bag, which was stuffed with clothes.

"You live here, Devin?" I asked.

"Yeah, no duh." Aidan entered the room from behind me.

Devin kissed him on the cheek as he sauntered over there. "I was thinking... since you've been working so hard..."

"You have a job too?" I cried, pretending that Devin wasn't even there.

"Ha-ha. Yeah?" Aidan flashed a signal for me to stop.

"What other secrets are you hiding from me, Aidan?"

He looked over at Devin, then walked out the door and yelled back, "Follow me, Kacii. We got a lot to catch up on."