Mouth Full of White Lies

***FONDOLI BAR. 12 PM***

I realized that I had not gone to Fondoli for ages. Sunday at noon, Aidan dropped me off there before he headed off to meet some friends.

"So...see you at 3?" I asked, rummaging through my pockets to find my ID.

"Actually..." he threw a spare key at my face—which I caught right away—then continued, smiling, "I trust you now. I'll give you the one to our house when the time feels right. The car'll be two blocks down. I think you'll make it."

"Thanks." I smiled in return and started toward the grand doors of the bar once again. This time—my pockets were filled to the rim with bills Mrs. Willis had paid me. I still kept my mom and dads' credit card in a safe in the condo but haven't used it ever since we left for San Fran.

The first person to greet me was the pint-sized Dave, who was still busy wiping the dusty shelf of a variety of alcoholic drinks. "Hey, haven't seen you in a while." He smiled nervously, which immediately confused me. Dave tossed a can of Bud Light to me.

"Thanks."

"Yeah...yeah! No problem...not at all!"

"What's wrong?" I asked, taking a seat in front of the table, unconscious of what was going on.

"Someone's..."

Suddenly, an ever so familiar touch caressed my shoulders and reached over to grab my drink.

"Baby."

"What the..." I turned around in time to see Travis' dark silhouette swoop down and place a harsh yet strange kiss on my lips, while setting the drink back down on the table.

"Ka...Kacii? Who is this?" Dave asked, wondering why a hunky dude just kissed me—a lesbian—on the lips.

"Her boyfriend," Travis answered for me, pulling me closer to his body. 

"But I thought Kacii was..."

"She was lying," he answered, untruthfully, covering up my mouth.

Why would people always take control of me like this? It was both irritating and pointless. Without thinking another second, I pinched one of his fingers and grabbed his wrist while turning around, almost twisting it.

"Ow!" He paused for a second and flashed that stupid, cheekily romantic grin of his. "Baby, no need to be so harsh." His hot breath sank into the corners of my dimples, yet I felt nothing but excruciating mental pain.

"Stop. I want my life back again." I let go, exhaling deeply in absolute frustration.

"Kacii, you don't have to live any damn lie anymore. You can date the ever so amazing Travis now. Don't feel ashamed about it."

Ugh. What an arrogant bastard. "I don't like you."

He chuckled then continued, "Stop making me want you harder."

"Shut your shithole." I hastily darted away from him, only to be pulled back even closer and closer to the words filing out of his mouth, which were trickling down my neck like drops of sweat.

"Oh, you'll never like me ever again after what's gonna happen to you tonight. You'll love me." 

And with that, my vision suddenly blurred and I was unconscious of the world around me as all I could see were blotches of color and familiar faces.