Brothers

Blink. Blink. Blink. What was this light? "What the—where am I?" I questioned, feeling insecure and vulnerable at the same time.

"Kacii." Travis stepped forward, while someone in a black suit switched on the light.

We were standing in what looked like a bedroom. This got me more and more confused on what exactly was going on.

"What do you want, you piece of shit!" I screamed, almost knocking him over with a shove.

All that caused was him to get all triggered and crap then push me harder back. "Ah...these sleeping pills—dissolves pretty well in drinks, you say?"

"What the fu—!" I started, almost screaming my lungs out.

"Babe—"

"Where the hell am I and what do you want from me?" I glanced around the room one last time. It had this sinister feeling; the burgundy walls and the furniture and pictures that looked as if they were frozen in time.

He chortled mysteriously then said, "Baby, we don't want to be late to our triple date."

"I'm not going any damn place." Luckily, I currently had on my favorite flannel. I thought to myself, "Anything—absolutely anything—just to emphasize my gayness."

"Harsh. Too bad I had to do it the hard way."

***BASKER'S FANCY RESTAURANT & BAR***

I did not speak to anyone about what just happened. I just sat there—as I was told—and waited alongside my "boyfriend" and his brothers and their girlfriends.

"So...Travis, who is this lovely lady?" His flirty older brother Dean addressed me, glaring in my direction suspiciously.

He pulled me closer. Again. "Kacii Macias, my girlfriend."

"How long have you been dating?" He tested, biting his lip to hide his subtle embarrassment.

I thought to myself, "Just go with the flow. With the flow."  I tersely replied, "5 months."

Dean's face suddenly lit up. "5 months, eh?"

"Kacii, let's go." Travis led me to our table almost immediately, without even a goodbye.

***AFTER DINNER***

I ended up in the bar—like always—but this time I was thankful that I was alone. It felt as if I was in a clean state of mind again. Finally, just some alone time. The past hour had been absolutely crazy with random relatives of Travis coming to meet me, a handful of dishes and soups, and Dean trying to get my number. The only person that stood out was Travis' unknown little brother Tobias, who was particularly kind to me. Yet—he still ditched me for his girlfriend Layla, who was incredibly drunk and wanted to make out.

And now I'm alone.

I swished my drink back and forth, trying to concentrate on the fizzling bubbles within the drink. Taking a sip, I was immediately startled by a woman who tapped me on the shoulder from behind. I turned around, only to be face to face with a wonderful surprise.