Chapter 155-_____________

This book gunna be action packed. Get ready, I found the path. I know so far the chapters haven't been the most rewarding, but stick with it for 3 more chapters and you'll see where I'm taking this. Watch out though, I ain't holding punches.

"So it truly does exist..." Wei Xing who had retreated far away could just make out the massive column of mist in the distance. One of his Demon Race subordinates asked,

"Do you think the humans will be able to survive it?" 

To which he replied,

"I don't know. But I presume they will take shelter before the thing arrives. If they fail to do so though...or if it spots them...heh." Wei Xing chuckled as he cracked his knuckles. He hunkered down and prepared to watch the show. 

"Keep the traps ready. If they try to flee you know what to do."

******************************

"Look, the theory is very nice and all but I think it's very convenient. I'm leaving before that bloody storm or whatever arrives. Who's with me?!" Ping said and a second later another cultivator Lu rose up with him. Soon all of the weaker cultivators had stood up. The only ones who stayed were the closest members of the squad and one other. Yu looked like he was about to stop them but suddenly he sat back down.

"Fine, we will separate here. Should you reach the Pillar before us don't wait for us though. From here on out our teams have nothing to do with each other!" Yu's sudden declaration surprised everyone. However, PIng and the leaver's faces reddened and they left quickly. 

"Why did you do that?" De stomped up to Yu. "They might have been weaker than us but they were still a significant part of our combat strength. You shouldn't have let them leave like that as leader." 

Lineir watched from the side. He was well aware of what Yu was up to. Ting, however, was confused,

"Yea what gives, I know we haven't fought with them for long but how could you just let them go. Now it's just you, me, De, Dan, Lineir, and Xi. And De is injured. We should go out and get them back. We need them." She said looking to see if Yu was listening. He replied,

"This isn't up for discussion. I can speak about this all with you later but you WILL obey my orders right now. Lineir, should we go down now?" 

"One second, I want to see something." Lineir was looking out the window at the approaching mist column. At this point it was almost upon them and the Rotwings which had been flying around in disarray after the squad had broken through their encirclement were apparently fleeing the swirling air. It looked like a giant typhoon sucking in the sky into a massive funnel.

Shuuuuuuuuwuuuuuuuuuuuuuwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwuuuuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwwuwuwuwuwuuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuw

The spinning vortex came upon the mound of white skeletons which had been collapsing in on themselves after the squad had escaped. With no target to chase the once coordinated attack had quickly devolved into chaos and was now a writhing mountain of bones and weapons as numerous skeletons were crushed together. 

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

A howl came and Lineir jerked back from the window as a shadow split from the dark vortex and smashed the 100 meter high skeleton pile. 

BOOOOOOOOM!

"What?!!" Lineir was astounded and the team jumped flinching away from the window. It was just too fast. The suddenness of it all and the resounding bang which came a split second later rattling the building jarred them. Then they saw what was left of the skeleton pile-

"It's gone?"

"Impossible!"

"That's...!!" 

Lineir's eyes turned red while he was at the window attempting to discern what monstrous existence was hidden in the typhoon. He was facing the window so no one would be able to notice. However...more than one other member of the team twitched slightly when Lineir activated his Madness Eyes even if no one could see it.

A hellish cityscape greeted Lineir's eye's when the Madness smoothed them over and he peered into the mist column. Nithos...the city was horrifying when tinged with the redness of Madness. The archaic characters which normally crawled around Lineir's sight were now like spiders on the whites of his eyes, dashing about, drawing his gaze, flickering about in the corners. Terrifying Undead presences were everywhere. They existed in every place, a testament to the numerous innocents who had died here and the unfulfilled grudges. This city was not a healthy place to be mad. Consequently...it was the greatest place for Madness! However...all of that was insignificant when Lineir looked directly upon the vortex of wind and glimpsed what was inside the spinning air. He paled and froze, his mind unable to comprehend what he was seeing-

"Get to the basement!" Lineir finally cried when he had regained his wits and this time no one argued. He led them to a great door constructed of that unknown dark violet stone. With a great heave he hefted up the draw-bar and ran into the darkness. When everyone was through he made sure to shut the door tightly. On the inside, there were actually eight draw-bars beginning at ground level and ending next to the ceiling! Everyone helped to lock them and when the last one was in place a shimmering violet haze covered the door despite the eons of decay and time since it had last been activated.

Weng!

"This barrier...perhaps the kid is right. It truly does look like the inhabitants here planned for some sort of calamity. Why else have such a sturdy secure room below their buildings?" De said as he prodded the barrier carefully. It was extremely strong, the natural violet stone seemed to somehow multiply in strength with the enchantment active.

"What did you see that was so bad we had to leave right away?" Yu asked Lineir. The black robed youth in question sat down and lit a candle in the darkness revealing a tidy basement with sparse furniture, some chairs, and a table. There were no windows as they were deep underground.

"I only know what I think I saw. It was huge, massive. The vortex we saw was only one offshoot of its main body. It was a paw. If I'm correct, the true beast...is many times larger." Lineir said. The rest of the group affirmed what he had seen.

"Yes..I think I saw a paw too." Yu said. However Lineir was not finished.

"The thing is. I got a closer look than you did. That paw, I think I saw something else about it. It was not that of a magical beast or anything of the sort. It was made of human bodies."

Dan sucked in a breath,

"You're sure?"

"No...but as sure as I can be." Lineir replied still sitting calmly cross-legged. The room began to vibrate gently as the storm approached. The candle flame flickered merrily on the ground, an odd contrast with the darkness and the anxious expressions on the squad's faces. Dan's expression especially was as grim as could be. Rubbing his bald head and squinting his eyes he said in a hoarse, deadly serious voice,

"I think I know what it is then. We have chanced upon a creature from the legends. A Cloudsoul Necromorph. I didn't believe I'd ever see one in life. We are in grave danger." 

Chapter 155-Cloudsoul Necromorph