Chapter 150-Fire Kindling

All votes and comments are appreciated and acknowledged ;p. Man wasn't expecting to spend so long in Nithos but it's a good place to get into my flow I guess.

"Jump!" Yu yelled and everyone grouped together blasting away skeletons as they did. Lineir, who had been virtually uncontested so far was the first to make it to the edge. He took a look back and seeing everyone backing towards the edge he leapt first!

Sssssssssshuuuuuuuuuuuu

The wind whistled as Lineir avoided using his Phoenix Qi Wings. He quickly accelerated and was soon freefalling alongside the massive wall. From the corner of the eye he caught sight of Dan spreadeagled falling down alongside him. Suddenly he received a mental transmission,

"Something is not right. Did you notice anything strange while Ting and I were sleeping?" Yu's voice was laced with suspicion. Lineir however was startled,

"Not right? What do you mean?" 

"The skeletons found us way too quickly. Though there are many, the rampart is massive. To suddenly encounter multiple squads like that is extremely unlikely. Tell me, did you see anything?" 

Lineir's eyes grew sharp in the night sky. He had not known the odds of attack but now that he thought about it it WAS highly suspect that they had run into so many skeletons out of nowhere.

"I didn't see anything, I was discussing the Dao with Dan at the time. No one did anything out of the ordinary. However, I was not watching closely as De was keeping watch..." 

"Hmm...perhaps it was just chance, after all the skeletons have no doubt been disturbed by the coming of the Pillar and any other cultivators who are passing through in search of it. Either way watch your back when we land, if there is indeed treachery afoot then it was planned well for we have lost the ability to enter the city stealthily. Our job will prove far more difficult now. Trust no one except Ting and I. Though we have fought before, the enemies hands and pockets are deep. We may have been infiltrated." 

"By that logic wouldn't I be the most likely? Why ask me?" Lineir said out of curiosity. Yu's reply was swift,

"The higher ups specifically stated that you were to be protected at all costs. I've never had that order before. If you were really a spy then this mission is probably a loss no matter what. By that logic you must be trustworthy. Anyways, remember, trust no one but TIng and I!"

The ground swept up to meet Lineir as he flared his wings briefly, the bright spot of orange lighting up the hazy ash in the air. Already, skeletons had begun to gather below them, attracted by the battle on the ramparts. Some of them indeed were the same skeletons from the battle, with the sturdiness of the Divine Way and the natural endurance of Undead, the fall wasn't nearly enough to cause them significant damage. They had already risen up while the squad had been coming down and reset their fractured bones to fight again!

Eiiiiiiiiiii!!!

"Ugh, what's the plan? We're already attracting a crowd!" De yelled at Yu as they floated down. Yu opened his palm to reveal the black pearl which he had refined from the Wailing Wight Worms. De's face grew startled before he started laughing thumping his hands on his thighs as they came within 100 meters of the ground. "Ahh I love it when you use those! So much BOOM!"

"Right, I am going to use this Hematoma. When it explodes it will clear us a landing site. Everyone activate the stealth formation when you land and follow me lead! Avoid engaging, we can still get away from this without having to fight!" He said and spread his hands to either side. A dark blue glow appeared which turned purple and then violet.