Chapter 84- The Hanged Man Pt.8 All Against One

Lol there were 2 chapter 82s in the original text. Still not sure I intentionally did that or not...

Lineir looked around cautiously as he realized he was utterly surrounded. Standing on the platform he cut an imposing figure despite being only of average stature. Facing him in the pouring sheets of Darkness Rain, were a dozen Chosen holding various treasure weapons and all releasing wicked killing intents. Ji Te additionally had a monstrous phantom aura which could even penetrate the protective effect of Lineir's Domain. On the platform however, Lineir's breathing deepened rather than quickened as he centered his Qi and rotated his Second Heart. He was prepared to fight to the death right now!

Crack!

There was a brilliant flash of lightning released from Lineir's sword which instantly blinded all watchers. An instant later Lineir had simply faded away into the dark rain. To the Chosen who had encircled the platform it was as if Lineir had become a ghost! They were reasonably certain that he was somewhere in the storm but the rain had intensified until it smothered out all light! Additionally, their divine senses were severely impeded by this rain. A shiver ran down several of the weaker Chosen's spines as they felt like they had suddenly provoked the ire of an undead monster! To suddenly disappear was a spectral act which did not seem human!

Crack!
A peal of lightning appeared illuminating the tense faces of every Chosen. Ji Te suddenly called out,

"Behind you!"

Ssssss! Shuuaaaa!!!!

There was a sharp noise and the smell of ozone filled the air as Lineir suddenly appeared behind one of the weaker Chosen. Before the Chosen could turn Lineir had already drawn his blade lightning fast and severed his head! Then before the other Chosen could take more than a single step towards him he vanished back into the darkness. All around the rain continued to fall as the occasional flash of lightning would illuminate terrified faces. While several of the stronger Chosen did not fear Lineir's sneak attacks the weaker ones had realized an absolutely terrifying truth. Lineir could slay them at will! Now that the Li family had been teleported out of the Trials there was nothing stopping Lineir from running rampant!

"All Chosen under the Top 10 retreat! You can do nothing here!" Ji Te obviously realized this in a moment but even as he called out the order to retreat Lineir reappeared with a flash of thunder and lightning and executed another weaker Chosen! Soon the remaining weaker Chosen had huddled together and were retreating out of the Darkness Rain Domain together like a herd of frightened sheep. When they had exited the Domain they remained outside peering in. Several of the top 10 Chosen had begun to try to breach Lineir's Domain!

Holy Light!

Great Fireball!

Phantom Hand!

Numerous top 10 experts including Ji Te began to spew out their techniques in the hopes of breaking through the Domain or at least exhausting Lineir's Qi. However, while they temporarily managed to open great swathes of open sky the rain would reappear and pour down just as wildly as ever afterwards!

"How much Qi does this bastard have? Is he really a member of the junior generation?!!" Several top Chosen began to grow increasingly frustrated as their techniques failed to clear the rain. What they did not understand was that a true Domain type of ability like Lineir's had exceedingly low Qi requirements! While they actively tried to clear it and find Lineir they simply exhausted their Qi while Lineir could relax! Additionally...the rain began to take on an insidious form unbeknownst to the Chosen. Gradually, it was filled with a touch of...Madness! Though Lineir slowly increased the levels to their maximum, soon the top 10 Chosen began to be touched by Madness. They became increasingly erratic and wasteful completely focused on clearing the rain! All the while Lineir would watch and occasionally make a token appearance to frazzle their nerves! Even Ji Te was at the end of his rope trying to deal with Lineir's sneak attacks. However, in the midst of his seeming frustration suddenly his Qi exploded as he cleared his mind and unleashed a powerful magical technique!

"Got you!" Behind Ji Te a huge phantom hand appeared as Lineir launched one of his sneak attacks. The Chosen Lineir had targeted quickly raised his staff to block and Lineir sensing Ji Te's sudden surge of Qi quickly attempted to fade back into the cover of the Madness Rain. However, before he could vanish completely the phantom hand behind Ji Te curled into a fist with the index finger pointing directly at Lineir! In that moment Lineir felt a strand of strong Divine Sense lock onto him slicing through the rain. Ji Te had locked onto Lineir!

"I have him caught in my Phantom Hand Locating Seal! He cannot hide from us anymore, bring HIM DOWN!" Ji Te exultantly screamed as Lineir felt multiple killing intents and divine senses follow Ji Te's strand and lock onto him. Several powerful techniques began to cast and Lineir, caught by surprise, was unable to dodge!