18. Date

Mona's POV

When I wake up its Saturday. I wish Niall would talk to me. It's 6:30 when I get up. My parents were still asleep when I got out of bed. I decided to be a nice daughter and get them breakfast. I chose McDonald's because it's close by and cheap.

I was still pretty groggy when I got in my car. Halfway to McDonald's I realized I didn't bring my phone or money. I drove back and grabbed my phone and wallet, making sure not to wake anybody. I missed not having anybody to talk to while I drove.

I arrived at my destination at around 6:45. The place was pretty empty except for a few early birds. The cute guy from over a week ago was standing behind the cash register. He had blond hair and hazel eyes.

"Hi, what can I get you?" He smiled as I approached him. I returned the smile and ordered.

"Wow that's a lot of food for one girl." He teased.

"I'm a hungry girl." I replied.

"I've seen you before right? Like a week ago?" He asked.

"Yeah that was me. I knew you looked familiar." Another employee put one of my breakfast sandwiches into a to go bag.

"My name's Tony." He stuck his hand out towards me and smiled again.

"I'm Mona." I shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you. So do you come here often?" He asked, trying to start up a conversation.

"I guess so. I come here at least once a month." The same employee put the rest of my order in the bag.

"It was nice talking to you, Tony." I grabbed the bag and started walking out.

"Wait Mona," I turned around.

"Would you maybe like to go on a date with me tonight?" He asked. I stared at him not knowing what to say.

"It's ok if you don't want to." Tony said looking away.

"No. I do want to. I would love to go on a date with you."

"Oh. Really?" He looked surprised.

"Yeah of course." I walked back up to the counter.

"Here, put in your phone number." I handed him my phone. He stared at it for a second before typing in his number. He texted himself and then gave me my phone back.

"So I'll uh see you later?" He questioned.

"Yeah definitely." I smiled and left. Tony seems nice and not creepy. I feel extremely flattered that he asked me out. He was very handsome. My face hurts from smiling so much. I guess I didn't smile often.

Tony's POV

I can't believe I just asked her out. I can't believe she even said yes. I was so sure I'd chicken out or she'd say no.

After she left, I just stared at her contact page. I was tempted to text her but I didn't want to seem desperate.

"So you're taking her out on a date?"

"What?" I looked up to see curly, reddish, black hair in front of me.

"Mona. Are you taking her out?" Savannah turned around and I saw her face instead of her hair.

"Uh yeah. Why?" I asked nervously.

"You know why." She sounded intimidating but her eyes revealed fear.

"No, no I don't." I honestly didn't know what she was talking about.

"Mona and Niall,"

"Who's Niall? Does she have a boyfriend already?" Panic flooded me.