17. Love You Like

*In case you guys were wondering, I picture Kiki as Charli XCX. This chapter's short because I have writer's block... Sorry <3*

Kiki’s POV

After texting Savannah back and forth and telling her about Mona needing a boyfriend, she said she found the perfect guy! His name was Tony and he worked at McDonald’s as well. Savannah quote on quote said he was “super cute and adorable”. She told me when his shift was so I could go with Mona and “accidently” bump into him.

While texting Savannah, I get several texts from Jeremy saying how much he misses me. I’ve only been dating him for a couple of days but I’m already falling for him. He’s so sweet and kind. Sure he’s made mistakes but you can’t be human if you don’t make mistakes.

I really, really, really like him. I hope he likes me too. If he didn’t he wouldn’t be wasting his precious time texting me.

*One Week Later*

I haven’t gone to McDonald’s with Mona because Jeremy has been keeping me busy. He took me out each day this past week. We went bowling, to the beach, to a carnival (how cliché), roller blading, and to the movies. It was perfect. We also kissed the past week. A lot.

At the movie, there was an older couple sitting behind us who repeatedly hushed us because we were making out. I’d never thought I would do that. I’m not that type of girl. I’m not the type of girl to make out with her boyfriend in public. But I like it. I like being that girl.

I still smile at the thought of Jeremy. I felt bad not hanging out with Mona for a whole week. She never texted me so I don’t think she was mad.

Savannah and I have become great friends. She’s really funny and quirky. She’s easy to trust too. I’m glad I found a new friend. I love Mona but she was pretty much my only friend.

*Niall’s POV*

I miss Mona. I haven’t talked to her in a week. I wonder if she misses me. I could always read her thoughts, but I’m trying to avoid her and knowing what she’s thinking will just make me want to go to her.

Maybe I should just tell Charmaine and the other archangels about my contact with Mona and that I’m in love with her. They’ll rip of my wings and send me to Earth. Mona and I will be happy together. We’ll grow old together, except I won’t age. I’ll have to watch her die.

I can’t do that. I just have to get over her.

How do you get over someone you love?

*Mona’s POV*

I haven’t heard from Niall or Kiki this past week.

I miss my friends. Kiki has never done this before. She always texts me at least ten times a day. I assume she’s been hanging out with Jeremy all week. Or Savannah. A pang of jealousy hits me. Kiki’s my best friend, not Savannah’s.

Niall hasn’t talked to me or appeared this week. I miss him. Niall’s my best guy friend. Well, dead guy friend.

Maybe in another life, I could be with him. In this life I see him as a friend. He’s also not my type. He’s too nice. I don’t even know if I have a type, I’ve never had a boyfriend. I see Niall as that boy you grew up with. The one you had playdates with. The one you’d never date but you still love him. You love him like a friend. Plus, Niall and I would never work because of our… situation. He’s up there and I’m down here. At least he’s an angel, not a devil. That would be a problem.

I read a book this week. I got so consumed by it that I actually cried when I read the end. I never cry when I read books. I’m getting soft. I blame Niall.

*Savannah’s POV*

“Does she trust you?”

“Definitely.” I nervously answer.

“Good, good. Has she told you anything about Mona and Niall?”

“No. I don’t think she knows anything.” I shift uncomfortably.

“If that’s true, Mona’s smart. You’re going to have to spy on her.” Her voice is strong and loud.

“Spy on her?” I croak.

“Yes, spy. I need evidence that she and Niall have contact.”

“How am I supposed to do that?” I don’t want to do this. I didn’t sign up for spying. I was told I would just deliver information.

“Do whatever you have to.” She turns to look at me, impatience evident in her voice.

“Ok. I’ll see you in a week.” I squeak. She turns back around, her blond her swishing. Her silence dismisses me. Why did I have to get in the middle?

*Hey Guys! Whose POV should I have next?*