11. Free Woman

Why couldn't I have exercised when I had the chance? I had been running for about a minute when I got a cramp at the base of my ribs.

                    My breathing was heavy and fast. I put my hands on my knees to try and slow down my breathing. I noticed a pole with the name of the street I was on. I recognized it as the street next to the plaza where Starbucks was.

                Once my breathing was even, I began to jog back home. After about 10 steps I felt a sharp pain in my left foot. Of course, I wasn't wearing shoes and I stepped on a piece of glass. I sighed and carefully yanked the glass out of my foot. I winced at the pain. My foot had started bleeding.

                Blood was dripping down my foot. I had nothing to wrap it in other than my shirt or my pants. I would have taken off my shirt, had I been wearing a bra underneath. But, since I had been kidnapped in my sleep, I was braless and in my pajamas.

                I was not about to go running without pants either. I only had one option left, suck it up and keep going. I wiped the blood off my foot with my hand. I gently put my foot down and began to jog on my tiptoes. Every time my left foot hit the concrete, pain would shoot up my foot.

                I kept going. I couldn't give up. I was so close. I was less than 10 minutes away from my warm and safe house. Anger was bubbling inside me. The first thing I would do when I got home would be clean my foot and bandage it. But the second thing I would do would be to go to the police and denounce that horrible person.

                A song popped into my brain and I started singing. I sang so loud I was almost screaming. This wasn't the best idea because I could barely breathe while jogging.

                I think I was going crazy. It just felt so good. The song had nothing to do with my feelings, but it meant something to me. It had become my escape song.

                And then I saw my house. I started sprinting home. It was light outside, but the sun hadn't come all the way out yet. I was thinking it was about 6 am.

                As I reached my beautiful house, relief washed over me. I was home. I was safe. I couldn't be happier anywhere else.

                 I jerked the door open and ran inside. I quickly shut the door and locked it. I leaned against the door and sighed. Home at last. 

*Ok so this was a fail of a chapter. I had some writer's block and couldn't come with anything creative. It's not edited so please comment any mistakes! Have a great day!*

Song that I imagine Mona singing in this chapter is called Thunder Clatter by Wild Cub.