A Slight Predicament

I was woken abruptly by a loud clang, like metal falling against metal, and slowly lifted my heavy eyelids. I tried moving my hands up to my face and realised that straps were holding my wrists firmly in place, panicking, I started frantically squirming and trying to free myself. Both my arms and legs had been imobalised, it felt like I was on a dentist's chair, except with the added restraints. I looked around, as much as the binds would allow, and saw a large open space with plain, metal walls. The interior of this building reminded me of an abandoned warehouse, cone to think of it, that's probably what it was, and littered around where old stacks of material as well as drinks cans, crisp packets, beaten up sofas and a sorry looking coffee table. 'Great, a drug den' I moaned inwardly, but then something flat and shiny caught my eye, it was a laptop. Peering closer, some of the walls were covered in roughing drawings and notes, maps and diagrams. I could just about make out the sketches which seemed to be of, monsters? I lifted my head some more to try and see the surroundings better, but immediately the sound of footsteps and voices drawing closer alrted me to the presence of the kidnapper. I quickly lowered my head again, but they had already seen I was awake. "She's awake" whispered a man's voice, presumably the one who had taken me here. It was obvious he was scared. "I can see that!" Came another harsh whisper, from a women this time. They came closer, and as their scents became stronger I sighed, I hadn't been completely wrong about the 'drug den' bit. Finally, a man and a women came into view on either side of me.

It was the same man who had drugged me and put me in the car, but I didn't recognise the women; she had chestnut hair which sprung out at all angles and, despite her apparent young age, was tainted with a few grey streaks. Lines of discontent already streaked her face and her clothes weren't much better, a creased woolly jumper with jeans that all stank of alcohol. She still showed a lot more confidence than the guy. I rested my head against the chair and stared up at the ceiling, refusing to look either of them in the eye, waiting for either of them to do anything. They exchanged glances and then the girl spoke "We are sorry about this, it isn't ideal but we need proof, proof that you guys really do exist" Her expression screamed desperation, sorrow and even a hint of anger, I could tell this wasn't completely about science. If anything it was more about proving people wrong. "I don't care what you need, you do realise this is illegal, don't you!?" I retorted hotly, still keeping my gaze fixed on the roof. The girl answered "I know, but there isn't another way, this needs to be done". In my peripheral vision, I watched her raise a video camera up from her side and point it at me, the flash going off without warning. I turned away and blinked rapidly, temporarily seeing spots due to the light. "What did you do that for!?" I yelled, pulling against the straps again. The boy was startled and hurriedly moved back, adjusting his glasses and fearfully looking to his partner. She seemed disappointed, if anything, by him. "Jasper, get a grip and fetch the syringe" She commanded. He nodded meekly and ran off.

My heart started to pound hard against my ribs at the mention of a syringe, what were they going to do to me? "What are you going to do?" I asked worridly, my eyes widening. I got no response. I demanded again to know what they had planned, but got the same response as before. After only a few seconds Jasper returned with a syringe full of a clear liquid and tried handing it to the women. "No, I am going to hold the camera, you need to inject it." She ordered, moving to get a better angle and starting the video. The guy was dismayed "But Luna!" He protested, however it was clear that she wasn't going to change her mind and Jasper swallowed hard. I fixed my eyes on his and filled my stare with as much menace as possible, soon noticing his own eyes flood with terror and almost regret. "Do it!" Luna snapped, and with a jolt Jasper plunged the needle into a vein in my right arm.

I yelped and barred my teeth at him, but it didn't take long to work out what the liquid had been. Adrenaline, they were forcing me to turn! My blood pulsed around my body even faster, carrying the adrenaline with it. I fought, twisting and trying to calm myself down enough to stay human, but as the fangs pushed through I gave in. As soon as I stopped holding it back, every part of me turned in a second, yellow eyes blazing and sharp claws digging into the chair arms. I bit at the air, growling and snarling, glaring daggers at my two kidnappers. Both of them had evidently gone weak at the knees, not trusting the bonds of the chair, and their hands shook uncontrollably. Admittedly, Luna seemed to be shaking half due to excitement, still clutching the camera.

After a minute or so, she pressed the off button with a trembling finger and stumbled to the laptop I had seen before, connecting the two with a wire. "Finally, proof! Now they will have to believe us!!" She cried, tapping away at the keyboard. She was going to upload the video!