Gossip

She still hadn't stopped digging her fingers into my arm and I tripped several times on the mess of roots as she dragged me away from Richards home with her face a complete picture of rage, something that I didn't think could be possible. I kept on protesting and telling her to slow down as my feet kept on getting caught in the small gaps and holes, when I fell she just kept walking and pulled me along so that I had no choice but to hastily get back onto my feet. "Hey come on!" I said angrily as I pulled and tried to yank my arm away but I felt a sharp pain engulf my arm like someone was sticking the ends of knives into my flesh. "Ouch!!!" I yelled as my eyes flashed with pain and turned to an almost gold colour as I escaped her grasp and saw that the ends of her fingers were now talons. Anna turned to face me but upon realizing she had hurt me softened a little, guilty but still pretty annoyed. 

"I'm sorry, but you should not have brung up that cupboard" She said in a stern voice, did she really expect me to not question that horrid smell. "Why? The smell was practically chocking me and by the way, why the hell does he have corpses in his house!?" She was clearly very protective over him but I was determined to get some answers, she sighed and looked at me as if the answer was obvious. "He is a vampire, why do you think he has them?"

"Well I don't get why he has them stored in his house, how does he stand the smell?" I asked, she still hadn't fully answered.

"He doesn't like to kill loads of people so instead he kills one or two every now and again then slowly drains their blood so that he wont have to kill for at least a month. He always feels so guilty and I believe that is the daemons let him he would gladly not kill anymore innocent people and just starve to death but, like with Jacob, he gets too hungry and then can't control exactly what he does" By now she was looking really upset again and I thought she might actually shed a tear, but I was wrong and instead she just straightened up and asked if there was anything else I wanted to know.

"Yeah, so are you and him like, a thing?" I asked smirking a little, it was so clear how much she liked him and I swear I saw Richard checking her out at least a few times. I told her this and she blushed, he cheeks turning the colour of a beautiful sunrise as she thought that maybe this boy really liked her back so for the whole walk back me and her gossiped like normal girls. I wasn't one to gossip much but Anna made it more fun. Talking to her I found out that Richard could be less reserved once you got to know him and they frequently had races through the woods with Anna getting gradually closer and closer to beating him, it turns out that a little while ago he had told her that if she could beat him he would kiss her.

"Hmm, maybe I could help you with that" I said, already coming up with a mischievous idea to make sure that Anna won the next race and got a chance to show Richard what a good kisser she was. We both laughed hysterically at the far fetched and stupid ideas we came up with to delay him as we neared the tree house again. Me and Alice said goodbye and went home after a brilliant time in the woods.