Undead Apologies

A multitude of clawed and taloned hands wrapped themselves hurriedly around the body of my, now visible, attacker and began trying to wrench him off me as I still struggled to keep his hands and chomping mouth away. Glancing at him I could see a shock of tangled, blonde hair and eyes that were completely glazed over so that the pupil was only barely visible and whatever colour that should have been surrounding that completely swallowed up. However, past that there was also the visible hunger driven urge that he had let himself momentarily give in to shining through that reminded me of insanity. 

After a lengthy struggle Max and Annabelle pulled a crazed Jacob to his feet and although he was a fair amount taller than all of us, and extremely muscular, they were able to hold him there until he regained his senses properly. This was encouraged by Annabelle's calming words that she whispered to him to help him take control of himself again. About a minute later Jacob had broken down into a chair over the guilt of what he had done and almost succeeded in doing whilst Annabelle gently pealed away my blood soaked bandages and replaced them with clean ones. I was pale and in shock so she brought my a drink of something steamy and that smelled delightful, I tried not to drank it too quickly though unless it burnt my throat. 

Looking over I saw that Jacob's eyes were still very much glazed over and glassy looking but the shine of insanity was no longer present in the poor guys face. I took in Jacob fully now, he looked around 25 years old and, unlike Max's much slimmer and lanky build, bore a lot of muscle especially in his chest and arms although his skin really caught my attention. It was a little pale but had a distinct tinge of green and was almost dead looking...

"Urm Annabelle?" I said, my voice cracked a little though and let slip my fear. She answered straight away whilst wrapping dressing around my wrist "Yeah? And you can just call me Anna" "Ok Anna, is Jacob by any chance, you know, dead?" I said this in a far less confident tone than I had been going for as the terror was managing to slip its way into my voice. Anna tied off the bandage, pulling the knot a little bit too tight for comfort so that I winced at the pain,  and leaned in closer to my ear so that her warm breath tingled against my skin and only I could hear her. "Yes, he is a zombie but do not mention the whole 'being dead' thing alright, he doesn't like it" She pulled away and stood to talk to Max about something. 

I noticed Jacob shakily rise from his chair and walk towards me cautiously, he seemed more afraid of me than I was of him which I didn't think was possible. He opened his mouth to speak but the words must have stuck in his throat as he just bit his lip and shook his head. He tried again. "I am just so sorry, I lost control and I am really sorry and I hope that you will forgive me for what I have done." He stuck out his right hand to me and the sincerity in his voice and face utterly convinced me he was truly guilty about what he had done and was desperate to make amends. I gladly shook his hands but the moment outs skin came together and out grasp on each other tightened he pulled me into a strong hug. Of course I was startled at first but easily fell into it and let it remind me of the security you feel when and older brother or dad hugs you. The safety and warmth just envelopes you and makes you feel invincible so for this reason I instantly loved Jacob as if he was a part of my family. Although his skin was icy cold and the absence of a heart beat was ever so slightly unnerving.