Werewolf Vs Zombie

'I did not think this through' Was one of the many things that ran through my mind whilst Jacob just stood like a statue in the grass, completely un-moving. Anna walked cautiously towards him with palms outstretched and her wings spread out to try and block his view of Alice, maybe this time we could just talk him out of it before he even attacked. I backed up and lightly grabbed Alice's arm as I passed so that we were putting distance between us and Jacob. 

Anna just kept speaking in a sing song voice whilst sliding her feet across the forest floor, the absence of shoes made avoiding loud noises a lot easier, but he didn't look like he was calming down at all. "Come on Jacob, Danny really wants to play another game of hide and seek. Don't you want to go ad play with Danny and Max? We have some really nice food in the tree house if you are hungry..." But she had mucked it up, at the word 'hungry' it was like someone cut the chains off a raging bull and he charged at Anna. He was aiming for Alice but I guess he didn't care in that state who he hurt to get to here, so him and the winged girl crashed in a deadly collision. My first thought was to get Alice away but I also didn't want to leave Anna to fight Jacob alone so I made a hasty decision and yelled at Max "Can you fly with Alice?!" He nodded but I could see he was concerned about his sister, I grabbed his attention again "Take her to the tree house or just fly up into the trees and find a branch and wait there, go!" He got a tight grip on Alice, who looked visibly terrified, and pulled her with him into the trees although I could see he was struggling slightly under the extra weight.

As I went to join the fight I found myself ducking as a feathered mass hurled over me and smashed into the ground, Jacob was looking around wildly for Alice. I didn't know if he could climb trees or not but our best bet was to restrain him and keep him down until he was back in control, I ran full pelt at him and upon noticing me he did the same. This time our fight would be different, I wasn't human anymore and I was prepared rather than surprised. I got down low and drove my shoulder deep into his stomach, using the force of the impact to then twist upwards and fling him back against a tree. 'Damn I'm strong' I thought in my head but I had to be wary of getting overly confident because I knew that's how people lose battles. 

It was going to take a lot more than just one good push to get him to stay down, he was instantly up and running at me again so I clumsily swerved to the side to dodge out of the way of a particularly nasty punch. As a zombie consumed with hunger his technique was fairly desperate and sloppy but his strength and inability to hold back made him extremely dangerous. I knew how to fight reasonably well when it came to protecting myself, but I was by no means an expert. He turned as I dodged with one leg outstretched and landed a particularly painful kick to my left leg which caused me to drop down onto my knees, he took his chance and kicked me again in the gut, proceeding to immediately punch me square in the face. Stunned, I fell flat on my back and felt a steady stream of blood trickling from my lips down my chin, I could taste the iron on my rough tongue as it pooled in part of my mouth.  

I heard more clearly the sound of grunting and rushed movements to my left, Anna must have got up and took on Jacob again. I snapped out of my dazed state and sprinted to help, although I stumbled slightly on the way, I got low again but instead this time I was aiming for his legs. Anna must have noticed this and kept Jacobs attention focused on her so I could get close enough to knock out his legs from underneath him, at the same moment Anna forced the top end of his body in the opposite direction so that Jacob was on the floor in seconds. We didn't waste time, instantly grabbing onto his muscly arms each and keeping them firmly in the dirt. 

We both kept talking to him until the warmth returned to his eyes and he had stopped trying to push us off him. I was livid that he had tried to attack Alice but when he started shaking uncontrollably and crying most of my anger washed away with his tears and instead I comforted him. Anna did the same whilst Max brought Alice back and explained to her what had just happened and who these people were, of course she already knew their names but he just pointed out who was who and any extra information I might have left out by accident. When I was sure Jacob would be sort of alright I got up and made my way towards Alice, I was pretty much drenched in sweat and still shaken up but that didn't stop me from cracking a light hearted joke when I got to them "Well I think that's a brilliant way to introduce everyone, don't you think?"